Tattoos

Roberts pov

I hear a whistle and a man... wait let me rephrase that, I hear a wannabe man yelling, " fellow Nazi's get up now we have work to do!!!".
I get up fast and only had to put on my hat and boots because I slept in my uniform the night before.
A Nazi pulls me aside, I don't call them soldiers because I don't think that the deserve to be called such a thing. He says to me, " you are guarding a new place today, follow me". I do as he says and follow him without any questions. We reach a new gate, but instead of me just standing there guarding it, I had to go inside of it and lead the people to tables where there are some other Nazis doing something to them.
The blonde Nazi gave me my orders and left me. I got out my guiding stick or as the blonde Nazi said, " the Jew beating stick". If I had not been doing this to protect my family I would have beaten him with the stick.
For a few minutes I just stood there waiting for the prisoners to come to this horrid death camp. I hear trains come in and I hear yelling which I know is from the soon to be prisoners. They all start coming out if the train and the people are being sorted into groups while I am standing here watching and waiting for when I have to do my job. An old man is shouting, " I'M NOT A JEW I AM CATHOLIC", I looked away as I could not bare to look at this man crying out for his life. Then I hear a gun shot, I turn back and the man is on the ground, blood surrounding him, children screaming and crying. I was about to cry but I knew that I couldn't because they would find out what and who I really am, I just had to act like it never even happened, just like all of the other Nazis do. I know that that would not be the last limp body that I see, this is just a start.
Once the group's are all sorted out I went up to a group of woman between the ages of 22-35 and tapped them with the back of my stick on their back to keep them in a straight line. I did not hit them hard like the other Nazis, I just tapped them because even though I am technically a Nazi, that does not mean that I have to be like the others. I'm not like the others. Once I have guided them over to the tables where Nazis are seated, I step back and just make sure that they are in line. I see the man tell the first woman to put out her arm and the Brown haired Nazi takes out a block of wood with nails in it and dips it in ink, he when starts shoving the nails into her arm, she would not sit still so I was told to hold her in place. That's how my day went, watching woman scream and cry while I had to hold them in place. They all got a tattoo of numbers on their arm, I quickly realized that the numbers were a replacement for their names.
I don't know what happened to the children, the Nazis took them somewhere. I just keep wondering what happened to those innocent children, they couldn't work and this is a camp that works people to death.
Overall this day was awful but this is my life now and I have to deal with it. It will only get worse from here on out.