first day

The next day...

Roberts pov
Dad and I had to wake up early this morning because it is our first day as Nazis.

While walking down the hallway I got the smell of fresh bread, when I got to the kitchen there was fresh bread all sliced up and on plates for breakfast. I know that this will be the last time that I see mama and Anne for quite a while because dad and I are going to be staying in another place that is close to the place where we are working. We do not know where we will be working yet because we find that out today. We have to go to a big building so that someone can tell us what we will be doing.

At the building...
We are inside if this huge building with pearly white tile and wooden walls. A man with blonde hair and Brown eyes comes up to father and I and says in German while shaking our hands , " sie müssen unsere neue soldaten Zu sein, mein name ist Carl." <~~~~~ translation, " you must be our new soldiers, my name is Carl" .

He them gave us papers with information and directions on it, but the thing was, my dad and I will not be working in the same place. My dad will be sent to work at Auschwitz concentration camp while I will be working at sobibor extermination camp. I don't know what to expect because I try to avoid listening to the radio because the things that people are saying about Jews just makes me angry. On the paper's it says extermination camp, that's scares me, I don't want to exterminate anyone, I guess we will we what happens.

My father and I say our goodbyes and get on separate trains. On the train there are other guys my age talking in a language that I don't even understand.

When we arrive at the camp, the doors to the train open and I smell such a foul sent, I nearly puked. When we got off the train I see this camp with the is closed in with a barbed wire fence and inside I can see people walking around, men, woman, children, I hear crying babies and screaming toddlers. I cried at the thought of hurting anyone, but I had to stay strong, for my family.

I was taken to a section if the fence and was told to shoot anyone who tries to get out, I was told to not let anyone look me in the eye. No one tried to get out, I just stood there looking at these skeletons with hanging skin, these humans were forced to work until they couldn't and when they could not take anymore, they were taken to somewhere by the other soldiers, I don't know where but they did not come back. At the end of the night I got to go to my bunk for soldiers, which was very clean. I could not get those image's of the people out if my brain. This was only my first day, and it was awful, I am so not looking forward to tomorrow when I have to repeat today.

Please feel free to vote and comment :-)