Percy x Reader- Memories

I realize I said I was starting a 'short story' but I wanted to get this out. I don't own this song :) Enjoy!

You and Percy are living together :)

When I wake up to your footsteps

As you get up out of bed

They make a song that sounds so simple

But it dances in my head

Percy never understood why what happened had to happen. The sound of your light, quick footsteps lingered in his head - at least a part of you had stayed.

A melody so perfect

That it gets me through the day

And the thought of us forever

Is one that won't ever go away

They'd envisioned a future together- one with children and happiness. They'd never imagined this- and it hurt Percy more than ever.

All I need to know is

Where to stop

Take my hand and show me forever

So never will I ever let you go

Y/N had insisted, told him to let her go- but how could he?

So let's hold on together

To this paper and this pen

And write down every letter

To every word we've ever said

He feverishly scribbled down everything he remembered about Y/N, disregarding his handwriting and the small blots on the page caused by tears as he wrote, in Ancient Greek, anything and everything about his love.

Let's write our story

And let's sing a song

Let's hang our pictures on the wall

All these precious moments

That we carved in stone

He would carry these memories with him forever- carved him in stone in his memory; the Lethe wouldn't make him forget her.

Are only memories after all

Memories after all

You know, you gave me hope

But I've got to let go

Y/N had seen the hold Tartarus had on him and had helped him get rid of it, something Annabeth hadn't been able to do. Yet here, she was telling him to forget her, to move on... a foreign concept.

It's taking it's toll

Deep in my soul

Now I've got to let go

We wrote our story

And we sang our songs

He couldn't do anything more with Y/N, he'd sang his last song, kissed her for the last time... she wasn't with him anymore, just... gone, and that sickened him.

We hung our pictures on the wall

Now those precious moments

That we carved in stone

Are only memories after all

But now she was gone, and he only had memories. 

He traced the path that he'd walked down so many times before, which was just as well because a film of tears had sprung over his eyes. 

Cutting through the graveyard, he halted in front of a gravestone that looked newer than the rest.  He sat down down, cross-legged. "Happy anniversary, N/N,"

He set a beautiful ring with a/an F/C gem set in it. "Will you marry me?"

And Perseus Jackson, Savior of Olympus two times over, put his head down on the gravestone and cried.

Short and sweet. I just want today thanks to everyone who ever liked or commented. :) I will get the short story started soon as my schedule allows. 

Cali out!