Leo x Reader- Nightmare

I don't own any of the characters- including you. :)

You jerk awake from a sound sleep to see your best friend, Leo Valdez, tapping on your window. You sigh and blearily jerk your boots on. You storm out of your cabin, ready to give that Leo Valdez a good talking to, but the sight of him kind of takes the pressure out of your pistons. His hair is wild and tangled. His face is stained with tears. But what scares you most? His eyes. Devoid of their usual light, they are empty of everything except for pain and sadness. You touch his shoulder. "Leo," you whisper. "Leo, what's wrong?"

He stares at you and seems to stifle a sob. "My mother," he murmurs. "A-a-a nightmare."

"Oh," you sigh, wishing that you could've been there for him. "C'mon then, let's go to Bunker Nine." That's where Leo usually sleeps now, despite him being cabin counsellor.

As you walk, you can't help but sneak glances at the boy beside you, so unlike what's there in the day. That boy was joyous and carefree. This one seems to carry the weight of a thousand souls upon his back.

Once you get there, you drag Leo to his bunk, which is messy and covered in his clothes. You pull a chair next to it. You push Leo into his bunk and sit next to him.

"(Y/N or Your Name)?"

"Yes Leo?"

"C..c.can you sing a song for me?"

You sigh. "Okay, Leo, but I'm warning you, I suck at singing and I don't know Spanish, so I'm gonna have to sing an English song."

You start to sing, softly stroking his hand.

Lavenders blue, dilly dilly

Lavenders green,

When I am king, dilly dilly

You shall be queen.

So call up the men, dilly dilly

Send them to work,

Some to the plow, dilly dilly

Some to the fork.

Some to cut hay, dilly dilly

Some to cut corn,

While you and I, dilly dilly

Keep ourselves warm.

After singing until there's only one verse left, he's asleep. You hesitate, wondering if you should sneak out now. But he mutters something inarticulate in his sleep, frowning slightly. That makes you decide. You'll sing the last verse and then sleep on the floor beside him, ready in case he needs you. You restart singing.

Lavenders blue, dilly dilly

Lavenders green,

When I am queen, dilly dilly

You shall be king.

Leo turns over in his sleep. "King.... Leo."

You laugh softly and peck his cheek. "Good night, my king."

You hesitate, then add, "I love you."

As you take blankets from the top bunk, making a makeshift bed for you on the floor next to him, you could've sworn on the River Styx that you heard Leo murmur "I love you to, (Y/N)

∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞

Morning found Leo standing over you with a smirk on his face. "Wakey, wakey, Sleeping Beauty."

You blearily sit up. "What time is it?"

"Time for me to ask you something."

"Yes...?"

"Well, (Y/N), you stayed by me last night and I want to repay you for that. So... I was just wondering... did you maybe, possibly want to be my girlfriend?"

You chuckle. "Yes Leo, I maybe, possibly absolutely want to be your girlfriend.

He grins. "Well that went better than expected."

You smirk. "You're welcome, King Leo." And with that, you sprint out of Bunker Nine, leaving a very confused Leo Valdez behind.

A/N: So how do you like it? This is my first Hero X Reader so please leave me a comment telling me what you thought about it. Thanks for taking the time to help an aspiring writer out. :) I don't own this song- some of you may remember it as "Lavenders Blue" from Cinderella (2015).