Jason x Reader- Niagara Falls

You stare out at Niagara Falls, wondering if the Canadian side could be any prettier. Leaning to catch the mist on your face, you half smile, wishing that life could be this way forever. But the life of a demigod will never, ever, ever be that easy. Just as you relax, thinking that it's going to be a monster-free afternoon, something comes to prove you wrong.

Withered old hags surround you, except on the side with the railing that separates you from Niagara Falls. You back up against this railing, on hand on your Celestial Bronze sword. "W-w-what are you?"

Oh, you know us, Y/N L/N, we are the curses.

"Styx!" Annabeth had told you about these, saying how even Percy Jackson could not defeat them. They inflicted curses that gave you the same wounds you'd given. I'd defeated a fair few monsters in my life, so attacking them? A horrible choice. I ran my hands through my (H/C HAIR COLOR) hair and wondered bitterly how such a good afternoon could go so terribly wrong. As they closed around me, I made my decision, although it wasn't the most heroic one. I jumped over the railing and fell down

down

down

towards the churning depths of Niagara Falls. (A/N:Sorry, you can't be a daughter/son of Zeus or Poseidon in this one)

∞•∞•∞∞•∞•∞

As you plummeted down, you wondered, morbidly, how you'd die. If the impact didn't kill you, you'd be torn apart by the jagged rocks. Hopefully you could get into Elysium. As you neared the rushing water, you squeezed your eyes shut, braced for impact. As your face started to submerge in the water, something warm scooped you up and you had the sensation of flying. Really, if this is what dead is, then it's not that bad...

"Y/N? Y/N! Are you all right?"

You look up to see that you are, in fact, still alive. Well, that's always good. You look up to see who you savior is, and believe it or not, it's Jason Grace, holding you bridal style. Once praetor of New Rome. Now pontifex maximus, and traveller between the camps.

"I- yeah, I'm fine," you reply. "How'd you get here?"

"Well, I was actually at Canada to try to persuade some Hyperboreans to ally with us, and I decided to stop here on the way back, when I happened to see a damsel in distress-"

"Hey!" you huff. "How do you know that I wouldn't have survived?"

He looks serious. "Huh, I guess I don't know. How 'bout I drop you and we find out?"

"No!" you scream in terror. You look down for the first time, and the height gets to you. You bury your face in Jason's chest. "I'm.. well I'm afraid of heights..."

"Well.." Jason says, "I'm sure I could help you get over your fear."

Despite your terror, you couldn't help but snort. "You? How?"

He looks mock insulted. "Like this!" He leans in and gently kissed you. A flock of harpies could've come along, and you wouldn't have cared.

Once you break apart, he looks away, slightly scared. "Did.. did you like it?"

"Like it?" You grinned. "I loved it!"

He smiles as well and pumps his fist, in the process, he drops down a couple of yards and drops you. "JASON!" you scream, free-falling through the air.

"Styx!" He swoops down to catch you. "See?" he tells you. "I will always catch you, and I will NEVER let you fall."

You put your face in his chest again, but this time to whisper, "I love you, Jason"

He chuckles. "I love you too, Y/N."

As you glide on through the air that's rapidly cooling as nighttime approaches, he asks you something. "So... does this mean we're boyfriend and girlfriend now?"

You laugh. "What do you think, Superman?" and gently peck him on the lips.

So you soar together, through the air, and you know you will never fear falling again.