Jonah Crustov

I've been running from town to town, and I have yet to see that white-haired abomination. Sylvester has given me a deadline, and I need to get that boy back to the facility. I've never failed a mission, and my team is beginning to become frustrated. I'm leaning against the black truck, smoking a handmade cigar as I looked over the map. What if he crossed borders? "Impossible," I muttered as I roughly folded the map over. I've noticed the weather has become colder, and I wondered if it was his doing.

"I heard word that a strange boy with white hair had passed through this town and onto the next," one of my men advised as he waited for his next order. I nodded and put out the cigar, "Alright, Let's move on!" I shouted and hopped into the black truck. My men followed as we started the trucks up and drove towards the town. I never understood as to why Slyvester kept these experiments up, knowing the multiple tapes he had received. Every experiment had failed, yet he had faith that this last experiment would work. As the years progressed, the boy only got stronger.

"Sir, what do you want us to do if we see the boy?" One of the men asked from the backseat of the truck, gun in hand. I had my eyes focused out of the window, just in case we passed by something strange. "Sylvester said to kill the boy on the spot. He doesnt want him roaming around, causing chaos," I responded as we continued down the snow-covered roads. I could feel the stares of these men, and I knew what they were thinking. This experiemnet was still a kid, and none of them have ever killed a child.

"But sir, he's just a kid." One of the men nervously asked as he gripped his gun tighter in his lap. He was one of the newer recruits. According to his file he has a family, that he needed to support with this job. "That isn't a child anymore, men. What walks through these towns is a weapon that can kill you and your families!" I snapped. The truck was quiet once again before the same man spoke again, "He wasn't always a monster, and it is not like he doesn't feel. He was a child once."

I stayed silent as we continued down the road. Polaris isn't a child anymore, he's a monster, and who knows what he is doing in this moment. The beast could be terrorizing a bunch of civilians. This beast is dangerous, and I want to make sure he goes down.

A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry for the extremely late updates. I was busy with final exams, but your girl has finally graduated college! Of course I am still going back to college! Hope you all enjoy this short chapter involving the perspective of Jonah. I will be updating my other book, Summer Gelato & Daisy Carmichael  very soon. If you haven't read it yet, please go check it out and let me know what you think! 

xoxo

-Moni