Chapter 5

NICKI'S POV-

After hearing Siyani' groan and then whisper 'help', I knew something had gone wrong. I immediatly called the police and ambulance and gave them their address. I ran out of the house and into my car, not caring how reckless I drive and immediately drove to their house. When I arrived the ambulance were already there along with three police cars. I seen as paparazzi snapped a few shots while passing by. I made sure I kept my distance and that they couldn't see me. I pulled up behind the police car and jumped out.

"What happened!?!?" I asked one police officer and he pulled me to the side.

"Well someone called-"

"I called." I cut him off and he nodded.

"Turns out, the little girl was cut deeply in the stomach by a sharp knife, causing her to lose a ton of blood. She's unconscious and has a low heart rate. The guards say that the mother was yelling at her and then had cutten her. We found the mom unstable at the end of the stairs. She appear to have tripped and fell. That's all I got." He said and my heart grew heavy.

My baby, she didn't deserve this! I ran to my car as the paramedics put her body in and followed her to my car. I called my lawyer once more and told her to meet me there. I pulled up to the hospital and hopped out of my car. I ran into the building up to the secretary.

"May I help you ma'am?" She asked and I nodded out of breath.

"Im here for Siyani' Johnson." I said and she nodded.

"There treating her right now but you can have a seat in the waiting area. Im sure someone will be with you shortly." She said and I nodded.

I walked over to the waiting area and sat down in the nearest seat. I put my head in my hands and fought my tears. I did strong prayers back to back that she will be okay. I never felt this way about a person I just met but I love that little girl like she's mine...and to have her taken away from me, I can't! Alexis can burn in hell for doing all of this to her! I didn't even here my name being called until the person shook me. i jumped up and looked to see who it was. It was my lawyer along with Wayne.

"Nic...you okay?" He asked and I shook my head no. "What are you doing here?" He asked and I looked up at him.

"No the question is..what are YOU doing here?" I asked and he looked at me confused.

"Well my wife, Dhea, is in labor so I was already out here." He said and I nodded.

"Congrats and sit down, I'll tell you both." I said and they sat.

It took me an hour to tell them what all happened and they swore they wouldnt tell anyone. Everyone just couldn't believe Alexis. I couldn't even believe her. Everyone from the fashion industry came in and they all wanted to know what happened. I was crying so much I couldnt speak so the doctor explained what all she knew and what she knew was totally correct. Turns out this isn't Siyani's first time being here because of her mom. Through her records, she's been her 11 times. I instantly got angry. Her mom has been abusing her all of her life! My lawyer wrote all of that down and got the files or other stuff she may need for this case. Whether Alexis likes it or not..Im getting custody of Siyani'.

She went back and everyone sat down in the waiting area. It was just us in this section.

"Nic, what you gonna do?" My co worker Shanell asked.

"I wanna take Siyani' in. She trusts me and she already asked could I be her godmom so I just wanna be there ya know..." I stated wiping my tears.

"That's a great idea. I think you should Nika. But first lets hope she makes it through. The doc says the cut isn't as deep but she lost alot of blood. She's gonna need surgery and fast." Wayne said walking up.