phil nodded, "did you have any other friends?" he asked, turning the conversation back to dan.

"well, my roommate, jack, he was alright. i mean, he didn't like me very much," dan shrugged, habitually drawing his hand away from under phil's and placing it on his lap.

phil's expression faltered into a frown when dan moved away, but he didn't say anything about it. "why not?"

"he thought that the reason him and pj broke up was me, because i asked pj not to tell anyone about what i did, and jack thought he was cheating. pj kept his promise and didn't tell him anything, except that we weren't fucking, which we weren't, so he broke up with him."

"pj's a really great guy," phil said, nodding to himself as he did often. dan nodded, sipping his soda, "he is."

"did you have a boyfriend in college? or girlfriend.." he trailed off, running his thumb over his cup in little circle shapes.

"phil, i'm gay, we met at a gay bar," dan laughed, and phil felt a blush creep onto his cheeks.

"so, boyfriend then?"

"yeah," dan mumbled, not bothering to say anything more.

"what was his name?" phil didn't think dan would expand on talking about his ex unless phil said something more. dan sighed deeply, "jai."

phil went pale and he shot up from his seat immediately. he was no longer smiling and was stumbling around desperately to get out of the booth. he felt sick and, despite the business of the cafe, habitually started to pace around their booth.

"w-what?" dan asked, rising to his feet slowly.

"describe him!" phil demanded quickly. he stopped pacing and started to awkwardly shift his weight from side to side as he stared expectantly at dan.

"he wore monotone clothes with huge white glasses, and he liked playing piano. w-why? what's wrong?" dan asked, feeling nervous at phil's uneasiness. phil looked like he was sick. he moved closer to dan and grabbed tightly onto both of shoulders.

"where is he right now?" he asked desperately, shaking dan with his grip on his shoulders.

"what the fuck is going on with you?" dan grimaced, prying phil's latched-on hands away from him. phil shook his head, blinking his eyes rapidly. he grabbed tight hold back onto dan's sweater and dragged him out of the cafe, muttering mindless nonsense.

* * *

dan hadn't said anything ever since they had left, making phil feel a pang of guilt in his gut. he didn't want dan to be putting much thought into why he freaked out, so he tried to avoid the subject and act calm.

"so dan, what do you want to talk about?" phil asked cheerily, trying to start conversation in the quiet, echoing house. he didn't answer in the slightest. phil sighed, but tried again.

"so, you have tattoos," he, now quite sadly and disappointedly, mumbled. but to his surprise, dan actually turned his head from the sofa he was laying down on. he didn't say anything, just nodded slowly, but that was more than anything phil had gotten in the past half hour.

"what are your tattoos of?" he asked, hoping for dan to talk. he shrugged but sat up, facing phil. he examined his arms himself and then held them out in front of him, palm side down. phil hurried over and looked over his arms. he already seen the adrian tattoo, but there were a few others. 3 outlines of stars were on his forearm, a little sun on his inner elbow, and on the other arm was a moon in the same spot. a little cactus was on the side of his right hand, next to his thumb. phil giggled and pointed to the small cactus.

"i like that one," he said quietly, tracing his finger over the shape, and dan softly smiled.
"what are these stars for?" phil asked, trailing his fingers up towards the stars.

"they didn't have any meaning when i got them, but i guess one's for pj, one's for adrian, and one's for jai," dan said, running his own skinny, slightly trembling fingers over the stars.

"and the sun and moon?" phil said, smiling as looked over all the tattoos. dan snickered at his sun and moon tattoos, running his fingers through his hair.

"jesus christ, those were my very first tattoos. i got them when i was like, 16."

"why did you get them?" phil questioned, tracing over all the blue and purple veins on dan's thin, pale arms.

"the aesthetic."
"wow, dan."
"what can i say, i'm tumblr as fuck."

[hello hello hello, i just published a new phanfic called glory and gore and it's fighter!dan and artist!phil and i'm v excited so please go check that out,,, and regarding this phanfic hOlY sHiT tHAnK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS AND VOTES IM ? !!]