Chapter 20 | I'm Tired Of Running, Oliver

"Do you know this man, Al-Sahira?," Ra's asks as he brings a bruised Oliver in, having a guard hit him.

"I...," I couldn't respond.

"Do you know him?," he said loudly but I didn't respond. "Alright," he gritted his teeth and made the guard hit Oliver again, making him fall to the floor, making me screech for him.

"YES!," I yell, "Please, let him go."

"This man right here has a lot of guts to come back here," Ra's spits, then expression softening, "He will be the next Ra's."

This guy is definitely bipolar.

"He can live?," I ask.

"He may," Ra's nods, "He will stay with you and you will teach him our ways."

"Yes, your eminence," I bow, hoisting Oliver up, "I will not fail you."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Ow," Oliver winces as I cleaned up the last of his fifteen wounds. His body was very weak, being under very cold temperatures.

"Stop whining," I smile.

"Knock, knock," Firestorm's voice boomed from the other side of the door, making me slightly giddy. I open the door to find Firestorm wearing his usual clothes. "I got chocolate."

"How?," I laugh and snatch it from his hand, taking a bite, "You thief."

"Hey," he snaps playfully, "I'm borrowing it."

"You better not be borrowing anything else," I chuckle.

Oliver gets up behind me and hobbles towards the door, noting that I was talking to a male that was other than him. "Sam," he kissed my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist, "Hey, who are you?"

"Firestorm," Firestorm replies, coldly, "I gotta get going, I'll see you later."

"Bye," Oliver flashes a fake smile and closes the door.

"What the hell?," I snap, laughing.

"I love you," he shushes me by kissing me. Believe me, I would've been mad but I needed this. I needed him. His lips leave mine and he begins kissing my neck, forcefully, his body molding into mine. He slowly lowered me down onto my bed and showered my face with little kisses, making me laugh really loudly.

His hands met the waistband of my pants and in one swift motion, snatched them off. However, that was the only thing fast about tonight. Everything else was slow, meaningful. It was as if we were one, and I absolutely loved it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Oliver and I lay, chest to chest, in complete silence. His hand caresses my face, smiling to himself. What I would give to listen to what he's thinking. I can, but I want to be normal. For once.

"You're so beautiful, Samantha," he whispers, kissing the tip of my nose.

"I love you," I whisper back, kissing his lips.

"You know, when I met you I'd already lost my entire world. How can you hang on to something so incomprehensible? How can you keep pouring love into nothingness? But then there you were," he strokes my hair, "There was something in those hazel eyes that was so beautiful, so safe and warm. In just one look I was 'home'."

"I was the one that reached out and made the connection," I chuckle, "and I'd like to think that fate had arranged it, that you fell for me just as hard. That first day we talked, just the two of us, I still recall the conversation, the feeling you gave. You didn't know it, but that day you saved me. We became inseparable, and though we're not married yet, we were one from that day on. But don't the years take their toll, Ollie? I am as much in love with you today as I ever was, maybe even more now, but I'm tired..."