Chapter 9 | Don't Be Too Sure

"Where do you head off to everyday, Sam?," Nate interrogates, getting frustrated.

I had been going to Oliver's everyday for a month since we've been together, and since then, I've kept it a secret from my brother. Nate doesn't understand what Oliver's actually like, but even if he did, he'd call me a traitor for screwing around with the 'enemy'.

I have never understood my brother's perception of most things, and I fail to understand this one too.

"Sometimes I just want to be alone," I lie.

"You're lying," he snaps, flipping the chair over.

"Calm down!," I yell, restraining his arms and legs to the couch with my telekinetic abilities.

"I see how it is now with us: you using your powers against me," he scoffs.

"It's not even like that, you big baby," I loosen the grip around him, and eventually letting him go.

"Where do you go?," he repeats in a more calmer state.

"I told you, Nate: I need some 'me time'," I sigh, "You're a great brother, you are, but I just cant talk to you all the time."

"What about your friends?"

"Don't have any," I roll my eyes, "Please, you've known me for the whole of my twenty-six years existence on this planet, you know that I don't have friends."

"That's bullshit," he chuckles, "What about Marion or Sylvia?."

"Those were acquaintances that were potential friends until you slept with them."

"I don't see anything wrong with that," he shrugs.

"They were sisters."

"Nope, nothing wrong with that."

"You told Marion that you had HIV in hopes of getting her to get away from you so that you could sleep with Sylvia, stupidly, not realizing that Marion went and told Sylvia about it."

"Yeah," he agrees, "That's wrong. But that shouldn't alternate you to not making friends."

"That's not the reason, Nate," I roll my eyes at him again, "I can't maintain relationships with friends."

"Then let's make some," he gets up, "What about Felicity?"

"Felicity Smoak?," I wink at him, "What's up with you and her?"

"Nothing," he stammers, "I have no idea what you're talking about, Sam."

"Is that so?," I laugh.

"Yes it is," he mocks me.

"Hey," I make him look at me and his eyes lighten, "I'm alright, even though I may not talk about it, I am. I would never lie to you Nate, you're too important to lie to." I glance at the pristine brown clock that hung meaningfully above the refrigerator, telling me that it was close to five in the afternoon. I had to meet Oliver at his (former) club's basement, where he had taken the liberty to construct a lair. "I gotta go, Nate," I sigh, "I'll see you for dinner, but if I don't make it—."

"'Don't wait up on you', I got it," he huffed, "Have fun."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I walk into Verdant, the club, which had a ironic name. I mean, everything about the Hood was green: his arrows, his hood, his suit, his dull green eye shadowing, and practically everything else he owned.

I trot down the staircase, slowly, taking my time; I was in no rush. My footsteps became slower when I noticed a brunette standing in front of Oliver, them discussing things by the looks of it, and it definitely wasn't Felicity. I reached the bottom of the steps and that caught Oliver's attention, making him and the brunette walk over.