Chapter 16 | You're Defending Her Because You're Screwing Her!

"The blood tests are done," Felicity nods, "I'll put them up on the screen right now."

Felicity clicked away on her keyboard for a moment before results started popping up on the projector in front of all of us. I stared at all the results until I saw mine: 99.09257% match.

"Felicity," I call, pointing at the matches, "What's this?"

"Oh, I just ran blood comparisons with all blood samples for curiosity purposes," she explains then her eyes widen when she looks at my result, "Your match, i-it's almost a hundred percent..."

"What does that mean?," Nate asks, confused.

"That means that Dahrk wasn't trying to prove that all of us had something that he has," Felicity gasped, "He was trying to prove that Sam had something that he has."

"Wait," Oliver stops, "What do you mean?"

"It means that this isn't a blood test," Nate said, bewildered, muttering, "It's a paternity test."

"Wait, what?," I exclaim, "There has to be some mistake, I can't be—I'm not—his daughter. My father was professor Dane Graham, not Damien Dahrk! This can't be, I mean, why would Damien do this, why now?"

"What about your mother?," Oliver asks.

"I never knew her," I respond.

"I did," Nate said, "I remember her being pregnant with a baby, Samantha, I always thought it was you."

"We know her name," I comment, "Karen Wilde."

"Karen Wilde," Felicity repeats, "I'm running her name across all 'missing person' directories, SCPD and CCPD records, and FBI intel."

"What does that make you and I?," I ask Nate, sadly, holding his arm.

"Sadly, Samantha, I lost my sister that day in Nanda Parbat, so that makes you dead," he says, yanking his arm away.

"Don't say that, Nate," I bite my lip to avoid myself from crying.

"Sorry, Samantha," he puts his hands up in surrender.

"How could you say that to your family?," Oliver snaps at Nate.

"Don't tell me how the hell I can express myself to my sister!," he snaps back.

"I would rather be caught dead than to say anything of that sort to my sister!," Oliver yells.

"Better shut the fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up, Oliver," Nate spits, "You're defending her cause you're screwing her!"

"What the hell?!," I yell, levitating him up in the air by his throat, balling my fist up slightly to make the grip around his neck tighter, "Who do you think you are?"

"What, going to torture me again, Sam? Is that what's going to happen?," Nate spits, sarcastically laughing.

"I looked up to you, Nathan," I say, tears brimming my eyes, angrily, "It was 'Nate and Sam, against the world', what happened to that? What happened to being there for each other no matter what? Have you forgotten our code—."

"Our code was: Family come's first! You betrayed that code when you joined the League and tortured us! I forgive but I also learn a lesson. I'll never be as close to you for you to hurt me again. I wont let my forgiveness be foolishness," he scoffed, "When you came back, I saw the Sorceress, not my sister. I saw a complete stranger."

"Nate—," I start.

"You know, when dad died, I felt as though I had nothing and no one but then I realized that I had the most precious thing to me: my sister. Since then, I've berated you and kept secrets to protect you and helped you figure things out for yourself; I had to become the parent. I was the only one there for you through high school and I was the only one providing for us when you fought in the undergrounds," he spoke, softly, "I loved you more than I had loved anyone, Sami, you were my sister and my best friend. I don't know what you are now."