Chapter 15 | Cyanide Filled Teeth? Nice Upgrade

In this whole book, Laurel is alive and Damien Dahrk is a little interesting character. This has very little to do with the actual story line of the actual show and more to do with my imagination, so please bare with me if you think I've got something wrong! :) leave your thoughts in the comments :)

The whole world was in a complete blur. That included everything around me. Blurred. It was as if someone had offered me the most beautiful luxury and I didn't want it because I thought someone else deserved it more. That was the case with the man knelt in front of me.

In realization of what had happened, a million thoughts ran through my head at that moment and my mind couldn't find a better moment to go blank.

The crowd gathered around us, taking pictures, gasping, and letting out the occasional 'aww'. I looked at Oliver and in his eyes I saw a faithful man. A man that'd drop everything and anything to come to me when I need him. My heart ached to be with him, to be intertwined in our love.

At that particular time, my mouth moved to form words but couldn't. By this point, I began to notice people around me until my eyes landed on Nate's. The hope in his eyes, for if I said 'yes' then I may not have to go back to Nanda Parbat. His eyes were wide and demanding an answer out of me. But, I couldn't. I couldn't say anything.

Instead of muttering a word, I started backing up and out of the crowd. My eyes were slightly wet with tears that began rimming my waterline. It was hard to do this. After all, this is what I wanted. I wanted to be with him. I wanted to have that suburban house with a white picket fence, and I wanted to have all of that with Oliver. However, I'm not safe.

Me, not being safe, will put Oliver at risk with Ra's al-Ghul. Trust me when I say this, Ra's is not a man you can mess with and get away. The thought of the people I cared for getting hurt, killed me. It hurt me to the point that I couldn't stand myself putting them in that position.

I sat on one of the dumpster lids in the alleyway out back of the club. I sighed to myself, rubbing my temples in disappointment. He proposed. My life should be complete. But it isn't. Why, you ask? Because my crazy lifestyle wont let it.

"Sam," Oliver walked over to me, hands in pockets, "I wont take that as a 'no'."

"It's not a 'no'," I sigh, "It's a 'maybe'."

"Let's make it a 'yes'," he shuffled next to me on the lid.

"I'm sorry, Oliver," I let a tear roll down my face, "They say the pain dulls with time, and that things will get better. But how can things be better when the reason the pain isn't as bad anymore, is because I've forgotten?"

"What do you mean? We can take the pain away," he scrunches up his brows together.

"Over time, the memory of Arthur's presence has escaped my mind. I no longer see his face in strangers, and the things we once shared no longer bring tears to my eyes," I mumble, "I'm in so much agonizing pain when I think of us, Ollie. If getting past the pain means forgetting you, then I choose suffer my entire life."

"Don't suffer then," he places his hands over mine, protectively, "Please stay."

"You know I can't," I shake my head before resting it on his shoulder. I then reach in my pocket and take out a picture of him and I, "I carried this picture around with me for the past six months."

"That was such a success, Sami," he laughed.

"It was," I laugh along, "But when I was in Nanda Parbat, I had this reoccurring pattern each time I looked at it, I'd clasp the photo of the last time I saw you, tears gathering behind my eyes, and think, 'He was smiling. Why not? We got free popcorn that time, it was the best date ever. The only date I've ever actually seen him have fun.' I'd then briskly wipe the tears from my eyes, because the memory was still fresh in my mind. I wished you were there so that you could comfort me."