;:1:;

*Ring-Ring!*
*Ring-Ring!*
I heard my phone go off while I was watching (insert movie here) on Netflix. I groaned and rolled on the couch to grab my phone. The caller ID read "Butter-Ball 😜" with a picture of my best friend Gage. We have been best friends since four years old, and fifteen years later I'm still not tired of him. I should probably answer the phone...

"'Sup Butter-ball." I shouted, moving the phone up to my ear.

"Ugh, don't yell, and stop calling me that." He hates that name, but that's why I use it.

"Okay, okay. Sorry. But what's up?"

"Do you wanna chill? I got a few new games we could play."

"Awesome. Sure, I'll swing by. What time do you want me to come?"

"Now if you want. You live right next door."

"Good point, see ya in a few Butter-Ball!" I yelled into the phone again.

"Hey! Tha-" I hung up before he could respond. I got up and changed out of my pjs into some decent clothing, grabbed my keys and headed out the door.

We both trusted each other, so we both had keys to each other's house. I decided to sneak in the back and give Gage a lil scare.

I snuck over his backyard fence and landed in the backyard. I looked into the kitchen window, which was right beside the glass doors to my left. I looked in to see him leaning on the counter right in front of me, with his back toward me. I chuckled and sent him a text.

"I'll be over in just about two minutes. :)"

I saw my name pop up on his screen and it said "That Weirdo (Y/N) 😋". I smiled as I watched him reply.

He typed, "Okay, no prob. I wanna talk to you about something. I've kinda liked you the last three years but have been to chicken to do anything... do you think when you come over, we can" he stopped and put his left hand to his forehead. He shook his head and said something, but I couldn't hear. He kept his left hand on his forehead and used the right one to delete the message up to 'no prob.' He started typing again.

"... I'll be waiting."

Shit.

I forgot to silence my phone. He could hear me if I don't hurry, and I won't be able to scare him.

I rushed to my phone and pushed it down to silent right before I got a message. "Butter-Ball 😜: 'Okay, no prob. I'll be waiting."

I sighed in relief because my phone did not make a sound.

Wait. Was he typing that he liked me a second ago? No, I probably just read it wrong. I am outside after all.

He stood up right and walked to his couch, and sat down to wait for me to knock on the front door. He still faced away from me on the couch. As quietly I could, I unlocked the door and opened it, only to close it and lock it again after entering. I tip-toed to behind the couch, and...

"BUTTER-BALLLLLLLLL." I screamed while shaking his shoulders and jumping over the couch into his lap.

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" He screamed, falling off the couch as I tumbled down with him.

"(Y/N)?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

I was in a fit of laughter in his lap on the ground.

"You... You shouldn't have given me your keys then." I dangled them in his face along with some of my own keys.

"They are mine now." He said, grabbing them, and using his long arms to reach behind him.

"But Gagey-Pooooooo," I said, trying to reach for the keys. "They're miiiiiiiiiiiiine." "Not anymore."
I looked down at him but continued to try and reach the keys. Our faces were not even an inch apart. My face grew red as he darted from my eyes to my lips. He leaned in very slightly, but enough so that his lips reached mine.

My eyes stood open in shock, and I looked down at Gage. I always thought he was attractive, but never personally was I attracted to him. Yes, there's a difference.

I never felt this way before, so I let my hand drop from trying to reach the keys to around his neck. I played with his somewhat long brown hair, as he dropped the keys and wrapped his hands to my lower back. I wrapped my legs around him and his picked us up, and pushed us into a wall.

I felt the wall on my back, to I relaxed onto it for support. He broke the kiss and pressed his forehead to mine. Both of us were out of air. We looked into each other's eyes, and giggled.

Still wrapped around him and against the wall, I asked him, "What the fuck just happened, man?" and let out a little laugh.

"I've been wanting to do that for so long... Sorry, (y/n)." He was about to put me down but I grabbed his face first.

"Don't be." I smiled and kissed him.

He smiled into the kiss, and asked for entry. I allowed him in, and we bonded in this crazy, amazing, new way for a while. Then I eventually jumped out of his arms.

"Do you wanna talk about... whatever that just was..?" I asked him, unsure.

"Later... I-it's fine." He said, still with a bit of nervousy in his voice.

"Okay, so what games do you have for me to take... I mean... play?" I purposefully made an error.

"I don't mind if you borrow one, but I got Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, and this new game that just came out today called YouTube."