Chapter 21

We all just stood there as the wolf creatures stared at us with my mothers blood all over them. I was about to walk through when someone grabbed my waist and pulled me back. His scent enveloped me and the familiarity of it calmed me immediately. I turned to look into his blue eyes that I loved looking into.
Then my anger toward him returned and I tried to get out of his arms no matter how much I didn't actually want to.
"Amara. I'm not letting you go through that portal." he said
"Adrian. Let me go" I said
"Are you going to go through it?" He asked
"No. I am not"
"Okay" he said and let me go
"What are you doing here?"
"I was hoping I could catch you before you opened it. But I'm too late"
"Yeah. You are"
"Why did you open it after our future selves warned us not to?" He asked
"Wait, your future selves warned you not to open it but you did anyways?" Kora asked
"Yes" I said
"You are so stupid. You should have listened to the warnings. Now our mother is dead and it is your fault. I'm out of here" she said and walked away
"I'm out too" Vic said looking at me in disgust
"Close the portal" Adrian said
I turned to it and shut the door and pulled the key out. Adrian took the key from me and tossed it somewhere in the field. He took the door down and put it in the truck. He grabbed me and put me over his shoulder. I started kicking and yelling for him to put me down.
"No. You could have possibly destroyed the earth being so careless" he said
"I don't care. You made a big deal about going home. I did this for you and all others of our kind"
"We are not welcome there, as you have seen your mother was torn to shreds upon entering"
As he said this I went completely still
"Amara?" Adrian asked
I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away
"Where are we going?" I asked with a shaky voice
"Home" he said
He sat me down but held my hands in his as he stared into my eyes, I gave him the coldest look I could. He momentarily looked hurt but covered it quickly.
"If I let you go will you run?" He asked
"No" I said quietly
"Okay. Then let's go"
"How did you get here?"
"Hitchhiked"
"Of course you did"
"I got enough money out of the bank for 2 bus tickets back to my town"
"2? What about Blade?"
"He's not coming with us. He's going to do some traveling and live his life that you gave him"
"Good. I'm glad he's enjoying himself, at least I did that right"
Adrian held his thumb up to a car passing by. They slowed down and came to a stop near us.
"You need a ride?" The man driving asked
"Yes. My daughter and I need to get to the bus station, my wife is in labor" Adrian lied
"Sure. Hop in" the man said
Adrian and I slid into the back seat. I sat as far away from him as I could. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows in question.
"Not now" he said
I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.
He referred to me as his daughter. Is that how he really feels? It can't be. He wouldn't kiss me and get so intimate if that were true. Men are confusing, this is why I never dated anyone. That and trying to concentrate on my career goal.
Before all of this supernatural stuff I wanted to be a psychologist. So much for that, I'm the chosen one for whatever the hell I have to do next.
I had no clue what I was supposed to do. I opened the portal to the demon dimension which turned out to be a terrible idea. The words the future Blade told me came back to me.
'If you open the portal, all hell will break loose'
I may have just caused the end of the world.
I thought back to when I opened it, the rush of air that rushed past before the barrier was up. I knew I thought I saw a face but the more I think about it, the clear it is. It was a demon that rushed past so quick it was near invisible.
Vic and Kora were yelling at me before I closed the door, did they drop the barrier? If they did what else got past us.
"Holy hell" I muttered
Adrian gave me a questioning look
"Not now" I told him mocking his words from when we first got in
He shook his head as if to tell me how immature I was being.
The car stopped at a small building on a corner. It was covered in logos for different bus companies.
Adrian and I got out of the car and thanked the man for driving us here. We went inside and a half hour later we were seated on a greyhound bus.
Adrian turned to look at me and just stared at me.
"Yes?" I asked getting annoyed
"I'm sorry" he said
"Ok" I said turning away from him
"Amara"
"Don't Amara me. We will talk when we get home" I said crossing my arms over my chest
"Okay. So tell me why you said holy hell in the car"
"I put everyone on this planet in danger. I was warned many times not to open the portal and I did anyways. I'm so stupid. I should have listened"
"Your not stupid. Just stubborn. When you have your mind set to doing something you see it through, consequences be damned"
"And my stubbornness may have lead to the apocalypse and the destruction of humanity. Something got out. I seen it"
"That may be true but this gives you purpose. We can hunt this thing down and defeat it. But first we need to prepare ourselves and get to full strength" he said
"I just thought of something" I said looking at him closely
He looked almost sickly and starved like he hadn't ate anything in weeks. How could I have not noticed sooner?
"What's that?" He asked
"When was the last time you, uh, fed?" I asked
He looked deep in thought for a few minutes then looked up at me.
"Over a month" he said
"How are you still standing. You need to feed" I told him
"I will when we get home, can't really do anything on a bus"
"There's a bathroom"
"We're only a few hours away from home"
"You need to fed"
"I'll be fine"
"And you say I'm the stubborn one" I said
He stared at me for a good 5 minutes
"I don't want any other female but you Amara" he said
His answer caught me completely off guard. I looked at him searching for any sign of a fib, he was completely serious.
He was looking at me with lustful eyes that made my body react without my consent. God did I want him.
"Not here. Too many people" Adrian said as if he read my mind
I leaned toward him and kissed him. I reluctantly pulled away because this was going to put us in an awkward situation of we continued.
He leaned close to my ear and nipped it lightly.
"As soon as we get home, you are mine" he whispered
"Oh god" I said as I felt that swirling in my gut
He say back with a satisfied smile on his face. He took my hand into his and rubbed my thumb. I gave him a small smile and leaned back to get comfy enough to take a nap.