Chapter 14: Come on Eileen

Start from the beginning

But what if Luca was right? What if I am jealous and this is just my psychotic mind's way of telling me it's made a decision. Ughhhh I really don't want to do this. I should've just faked being sick.

Marlee entered the room in a strapless navy blue dress that had a really cool, flowy skirt. She had paired it with blue strappy heels and her hair put up in a side ponytail. As usual, she looked amazing and I looked like trash standing next to her in that mirror. Sure, my hair was curled and done up all nice, but she had the better figure, makeup, everything. But that didn't bug me. What bugged me was the wedgie this dress was giving me.

Marlee squealed when I told her I was going to the party with Luca, but I didn't dare tell her that it was a fake date. That would blow my cover. Yeah, I'm a double agent now; Scott, Emma Scott, Agent 008. She took a few pictures of us together and then realized we needed to leave soon. I walked to the door and opened it up to find Luca standing there in a nice suit, looking pretty hot. He smiled at me and I walked out, giving him a quick hug before Marlee turned into your mother on prom night. She took some pictures of us and we took some of her and Niall once he arrived. I checked my phone and realized we needed to leave, so the four of us piled in the elevator and went down to the main floor. Of course, the lobby was flooded with lots of guests and photographers trying to get a picture of the famous Niall Horan. If only I really was a secret agent. We made it past them all and found the ballroom where a hotel worker let us into the large, extravagant room. The left half was tables for the dinner, the right had a bar and dance floor. Oh yay, dancing, my favorite activity. The rest of the boys weren't here yet, but Lea and Chris were so we wandered over to them and greeted them with warm smiles. Lea of course looked perfect in her cream lace dress and Chris even matched his tie to her dress. I'd have to say that they are pretty darn cute.

"So, you and Luca?" Lea asked me while the guys were off getting drinks. "I don't know, I mean, he's great and all but-" "He's not Louis." she finished. "Everyone has seriously got to stop saying that! It's really making me think you've all gone mad." I laughed. "Honey, we aren't the ones who are mad. Look, there he is with that French model. God she's got like a foot on him with those heels." she laughed looking behind me. I turned and indeed saw Louis looking quite dapper in his suit, arms linked with a tall brunette wearing a short blue one shoulder drape dress. Yeah she was pretty, but she so wasn't his type. Sure I don't like them together, but I'm not going to stoop as low as he did with Luca. Speaking of which, I should probably go get him. I looked over to my right and saw Luca coming back, two glasses of champagne in hand. I smiled and met him in the middle of the room. He handed me one and I took a sip, watching Louis out of the corner of my eye. He was in mid-conversation with someone, the model at his side. But every once in a while he'd look this way. Oh God this was going to be a fun night.

Soon after that dinner was served and we all sat down at the large table labeled "ONE DIRECTION & COMPANY" and something in French. The food was obviously delicious and the company of my friends around me definitely made for a fun meal. But there was still plenty to do at this party. Our food was cleared and everyone got up from the table to mingle. Luca and I were talking with Niall and Marlee once again when his phone rang. He said that one of the head producers needed some of his help on something and he had to leave. I sighed and let him go. His work was much more important than my game. And at least Louis saw us together; I think we put on a pretty good show. Plus hanging out with Luca was fun, much more fun than hanging out with Louis would ever be. Right?

The night went on and people began dancing to the live music on the dance floor. At one point, everyone was out there but Harry and I, so we sat down and enjoyed some awesome Crème  Brule together. "What do you think of Lou's date?" he asked, mid-bite. "She's fine, I guess. I don't really care." I shrugged my shoulders. "Oh come on, don't be stupid." he laughed. "Harry, if you know me, you should know that I'm never stupid." I smirked. "Emma, he's dying over there, trust me. And I know you're dying having to spend the rest of your night alone- or worse, with Me." he said and I shook my head whilst laughing. "I don't think so Harry." I finally sighed. "Emma, seriously. I know Luca's got a girlfriend. So something is obviously bugging you." I really hate how Harry can read me like this, it doesn't help the situation at all given that he's Louis' best friend. "I guess I'm just still angry at him and I wanted to rub it in his face that someone else besides him liked me. I guess it was stupid, but I didn't know what I want."

"What about now, have you made up your mind?" he asked. "Maybe, seeing him with her tonight might have changed something. But since I haven't talked to him in a while, I'm not sure. I don't think I could ever give in without him apologizing to both me and Luca." I explained truthfully. "Well maybe you should go talk to him, like now." he tried to push me out of the chair I was in. "What? No! No way! He's got a date Harry! That's rude!" I yelled softly so no one else would hear. "Yeah well he was rude to you the other day. Just wait for her to leave and go for It." he smiled and I sighed, turning back to the couple as they finished dancing. I didn't have to wait long for her to leave the room for a phone call and Harry of course pulled me up out of the chair. I was able to walk over, thank God. Having Harry pull me over may not be the attention I was looking for tonight.

I made my way over to Louis on the balcony end of the dance floor. I rush of cool air hit my shoulders and I shivered. The music changed and Louis turned his head to look at me. He smiled and met me in the middle. "So I see Luca left." he smirked. And the hate is back; damn him. "Yeah, he had to work." I said blandly. "Well then there's no reason for you not to dance with Me." he grabbed my wrists and held them as we danced to the old song playing. "Louis, I don't dance and you know that." I tried to stop but he just tightened his grip on my left hand and moved his other hand to rest on my waist. "Oh come on, it's just like homecoming. Plus, the best things happen while your dancing." he sang the last part, knowing it was a song from one of my favorite movies, White Christmas. He pulled me closer to him and I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Things you would not do at home, come naturally on the floor. For dancing soon becomes romancing, when you hold a girl in your arms that you've never held before." his whispered the rest of the song in my ear. My heart fluttered but I quickly gained control of myself and pulled away. "Don't think you're forgiven that easily, Tomlinson." I shook my head. "I know. And you'll be happy to know that I apologized to Luca earlier. And for you, well, I'm dearly sorry for upsetting you. I know that Luca has a girlfriend and you guys were just friends. I hope that's acceptable." he finished and I blushed, knowing that my plan to make Louis jealous had not only failed, but backfired on me. "You do realize that just because we're in a public place it doesn't mean I have to act nice to you. I could easily hit you where the sun doesn't shine." I smirked and he threw his head back, laughing at me. "Now, play nice, sweetie." he flicked his finger against my nose. I shook my head and felt his hand lower down my back. Before it got too low, I grabbed it and pushed it back up. "You too, sweetie." I mocked him. He laughed his amazing laugh again.

"I can't believe how jealous you've been lately. I mean, you are the one that turned me down, you remember?" he smirked again. "Yes, I do. And no, I'm not jealous nor will I ever jealous. You got that?" I pursed my lips together and cocked an eyebrow. "Suree, Em. I believe you. Because obviously you staring at me all night means nothing at all. You're sad because you can't have all this." he pointed to himself and I scoffed. "If I really wanted you, I would tell you." I answered quickly. "Well then, love, why haven't you? Maybe you're just afraid that you'll never be able to compete with the sex god known as Louis Tomlinson because he is obviously the sexi-"

"Oh just say you'll be my boyfriend and get it over with for God sakes, Louis!" I stopped him and he let out a cute giggle when I finished. He let go of my hand and waist, taking a step closer so his forehead was touching mine. Our lips were inches away and I knew that they were exactly what I wanted. I was ready for a relationship, and I would only have it with him. I waited for the sparks to come, but they never did. In fact, the kiss never did. I looked at him and saw him smirking as he looked in my eyes. "Emma, I can't. I'm with someone else." he stepped away and left me hanging on the dance floor, jaw dropped as he walked away back to his date.

He puts me through all this shit, and then says no.

I just can't believe it: he said no.

(A/N: Haha, that was fun, right? Okay so maybe I'm the only one that enjoyed it, but it was so fun to write! Let me know your opinions on this story because I'd love to know what you like and don't like about it. It would also help if you told me your predictions as I don't even know what will happen far into the future! You could actually help write the story and that's a pretty cool feeling all on it's own. There might be a dedication somewhere in there too. (: anyways, the title of this chapter is Come on Eileen. It's an awesome song from back in the olden days! Seriously, it's the happiest song ever and it defintely seems like a song that would be played during this scene. So go ahead and watch the video on the side and tell me what you think the song means! I love all feedback and I could really use more!!! Love you guys so much! -Katie)