Chapter Three

Chapter Three:

Sunday, February 14th, 2016

8:01 P.M.

I feel sexy. I feel ready. I don't feel sick at all.

Those words circle in my mind as I stare back at my reflection in Kayla's standing mirror. But I'm not totally sure if I mean all of them.

I brush my hair with my skinny fingers. I don't know if the "sexed-up" blowout look is for me. Will Trey think I'm trying too hard to impress him?

I scoff at myself. Of course I'm trying. I want him to want me too.

With the thought of seeing him naked and beneath me causes my eyes to darken with lust. A light pink spreads across my cheeks, and I bite my lower lip, glancing away from my image.

I give myself one more look. I trace my hips in the tight red dress. It's my favorite from Kayla's closet. The collar is high and ruffley like a turtleneck, but the back is open midway, and the skirt is tight-fitting.

This dress definitely makes me feel sexy. Sexy for Trey.

Grabbing my purse from the dresser top, I turn and leave the bedroom.

Kayla whistles from the sofa. "Damn, girl! You're rocking that dress!"

I smile. "Thanks. Do you think he'll like it?" I hold my breath for her answer.

She rolls her eyes. "Duh. Any man who wouldn't has either have a poor taste in women and/or fashion, or he's gay."

"Don't wait up."

Before I can reach the door, she calls out. "Rach, wait! Do your deed at his place." I glance back at her, and she gives me a sly grin. "I invited some company over."

What the hell? She knew I had this date locked in since Monday. Is she trying to ruin my night? I inhale my frustration, and grit through my teeth, "Okay. Enjoy."

Kayla flashes her pearly white teeth. "Thanks! You too."

**

Outside the apartment complex, a black Sedan sits against the curb. As I exit through the clear doors, the driver's side of the car opens, and Trey hops out.

I suck in a deep breath. He wanders around the vehicle before getting onto the sidewalk. He runs a hand down his gray jacket. My stomach instantly sucks in, and a pulsing beat rests in the wake.

"Wow," he whispers, his eyes following over me. "You look amazing."

His compliment enters my mind and runs around ragged. Hearing him say such pretty things to me turns me on, and causes my heart to beat incredibly fast. I want to hear more and more and more.

Trey places a hand on my lower back, leading me to the car.

**

By the time we arrive, the moon is hovering above, slightly curved to the right. The dark sky leaves a chill over me. It reminds me of how much I want this to go well. I don't want to mess this up with him.

For a few seconds, I was confused. He had pulled into the parking lot of the beach. It's only sixty degrees, and it's only going to get colder. But when he took out the blanket, picnic basket, and white candles, I became ecstatic.

He tasks me with carrying the medium-sized basket while he takes care of everything else. I slide off my heels, and leave them in the car. I've always been the type of girl who loves the feel of cool sand beneath her feet.