"Yes it does!"

"You are mine, which means I get to see you naked anyway." Who did he think he was? 

"Um, no, I didn't sign up for that." He huffed, annoyed at my attitude, and grabbed my body closer.

"You were born to be mine, and mine alone. Your hair is mine, your beautiful face is mine, and your body is mine. Hell, I could abuse that power I have over you, but I don't."

"But-"

"No buts, you're mine, and that's all, so no arguments. I will be sure to be around you whenever I'm not busy, otherwise Gael or one of the other girls can stay around you."

"Why can't the boys-" Grayson spun me around, pinning me against the closest wall, caging me in with his body.

"No other male can see what is mine in a vulnerable state as that. Got it?" His eyes were pure black again, and I knew not to mess with him.

"I'm yours alone, no other male will see me. I got it, Shadow." I said, making him smirk at the sound of me saying his name. "Now can I go to sleep?" 

"Yes." He stepped out of my way, so I made my way to the door, but I was pulled back and onto a bed. My back was pressed against Grayson's. 

"You stay in here now." He murmured in my ear. I sighed, not caring to argue, and closed my eyes. Grayson reached over and turned off a light, leaving the darkness to envelope us both. 

Our bodies were molded together, just like it was a puzzle piece. It felt like I finally belonged somewhere, but I knew I left behind a mess from my normal life. I needed to tell my parents I was alright, I was safe and alive, happy actually, even if that is stretching the truth. Just so they wouldn't be so sad and worried about me. I've been gone for two weeks. 

I would ask Grayson in the morning about that. 

I rubbed my eyes, sitting up. I sighed in content with the amount of sleep I got last night, and wondered why I hadn't had a nightmare or anything, which I usually did. 

I opened my eyes and looked around, surprised. I forgot about the new sleeping arrangements made, but Grayson wasn't even here. 

A door opened, and Grayson walked out without shirt on. He walked over to a closet and pulled out a shirt. I watched in silence as he put it on, then he turned and looked at me. I blushed, but quickly talked before he could gloat.

The question popped in my mind, and I was suddenly anxious and excited. 

"Can I call my parents?" I asked innocently, and if his face could harden anymore than it already had, it did just that.

"No."  He turned and started to do something I couldn't see, but I pressed on.

"But they need to know I'm alright and safe. They won't stop looking, especially because of my past." Grayson stiffened, but eventually continued working on something. 

"I said no, so respect my decision and leave it at that." He said in a monotoned voice. 

"I'm not a slave, Grayson. This isn't the olden days where the women would stay in the shadows and follow their husbands choices."

"Regan, this isn't up for debate."

"Just because you say it isn't, it doesn't mean it is that way."

"Regan-"

"I wouldn't be able to live on knowing my parents are in constant worry and sadness because they don't know where I suddenly went. I just couldn't."

"The problem with you wanting to call them is that they will be pushed on further to find you, knowing you're still alive. They'll ask you questions, persuade you to come home, and track the phone call to here. Regan, this isn't going to end up fixed perfectly because you told them you were okay. They'll want you home." I didn't know what to say. Argue? Tell him he was wrong even though he wasn't? 

"I just don't like it that they're sad because of me." I whispered, looking down at my fidgeting fingers resting in my lap. 

"I know you don't, but-"

"Can't we just tell them?" I interrupted. His head shot over to look at me with wide eyes. 

"Regan, no, don't do that."

"Why not?"

"Police are already looking for you. What would your parents say when they tell them they found you? Police would want to investigate further into your disappearance."

"I'll make up a lie. I'll go visit home and tell them Charity and my phone's got lost, and we went to stay at a new friend's house, but forgot to call." 

"Regan-"

"Grayson, please." I pleaded desperatley, making him sigh. 

"Fine, but your parents can't say anything." I jumped up from the bed and squealed, jumping in his arms. 

"Thank you! I'll go tell Charity!" I broke away and ran out the door, and down the hall. 

My parents will finally get some answers. 

•••