P R O L O G U E

Another mate story! Whoop whoop!

Enjoy ❤

Playlist:

-Devil In Me by Halsey  (thanks to @oscitant_writer  )

-Take Me Home by Cash Cash ft. Bebe Rexha

-i believe by Christina Perri 

-Moments by Tove Lo

-Killing Me To Love You by Vancouver Sleep Clinic

•••

*blop*

Charity sighed, clearly exasperated with the constant notifications I got off my computer from Facebook.

"Why does he keep talking to you? Did he see your Instagram account or something?" Charity ranted in irritation about the poor guy. I giggled, then turned in my spiny chair at my desk.

"He's super sweet to me. That's all I know, and I kinda like him." A small smile formed on my lips, but Charity groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Fuck boy rule number 1: he always uses the sweet attitude towards his victim." She stated proudly like she owned a fuck boy manual.

"And rule number two?" I cocked an eyebrow, tapping my pen on the desk impatiently. My essay over Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare was due tomorrow, and I'm wasting precious time!

"Fuck boy rule number 2: he'll compliment you to make you think he is so charming and date-able." I rolled my eyes at my weird friend and turned back to my desk, looking up at the screen on my computer. Another message.

"Let me guess, the next fuck boy in line for you. Stop talking to him, Regan!" She chastised, but I ignored her. "Okay, fine at least tell me what he said now!" So now she wanted to fan girl over my relationships?

"He said, and I quote 'I love your dance routines on Instagram that you post. How long have you been a dancer?'"

"That's the second fuck boy rule!" She half screamed at me.

*blop*

Grayson- We should meet up, you know so I can see your sick moves in person 

"Oh my god, Regan!" Charity yelled in my ear, causing me to jump. I didn't even hear her move from my bed to next to me. I ignored her and started typing a reply.

Me- Thanks, and since I could walk I danced, but yeah I'd love to meet you actually.

That earned me a slap from my best friend.

"Ow!" I rubbed my forearm.

"Stranger danger."

"Would you feel better if you came with for protection?" I asked as I turned to her. She thought about it and tapped her chin.

"No." I groaned at her answer.

"Come on! Not every guy wants to get in my pants!" I whined.

"You need to be safe about this stuff. He said he saw your Instagram which means he looked you up, which also means he's a stalk-"

"I'm meeting him. Come with me, or don't, but I'm still going to see him in person." I crossed my arms over my chest, pulling my best tough girl face.

"Ugh, fine I'll come." She plopped back on my bed.

"Good girl."

Me- is it okay if my friend comes? She wants to meet you actually, and if you want feel free to being your friend or whatever.

Grayson- yeah, sure I'll bring my friend too. I mean you could be a crazy stalker for all I know.

Me- huh, caught me red-handed.

Grayson- I'll still meet you, crazy stalker lady. We can meet at Starbucks in Harryston, you down? Or are you not one of those 'white girls'

Me- Starbucks is my husband, don't even think I'm not in love with him.

Grayson- you're taken? Dang, I though I had a chance ;)

Me- I can always divorce. (He's been having affairs!)

Grayson- haha, I gotta go, see you tomorrow at 4?

Me- sure thing

And I shut off my computer, wondering why he wanted to go to Starbucks in Harryston. That's far away for me, but I guess it's closer to him.

_______

"Love the outfit choice, so tumblr!" Charity gushed as I stepped into her car.

"Shut the hell up and drive." I replied sarcastically. We never take comments like that seriously, which I'm thankful for. If I couldn't be a bitch to my friend without it being taken seriously I'd blow up with bitchy comments.

"You look like you didn't sleep?" I trailed off once we were on a main road. She shifted in her seat.

"Nightmares." She whispered. I nodded and didn't say anything else about her touchy subject. We respected each other's pasts and chose to ignore it as best we could. I'm still getting over some things anyways, and I need time to cope alone. It was the way we both did things, healthy or not.

When we finally pulled into the parking lot we parked and got out, looking around.

"We should just wait for them here." I suggested. Charity nodded and we leaned on her car, waiting for a familiar boy to show up.

I got a strange feeling meeting this guy. I mean, I just met him on Facebook. Why I chose to meet him? No idea, but I brought my friend just in case and was hoping that'd be safe enough.

"Regan." A deep voice said behind me, interrupting the battle I was having whether to leave or not in my head. I turned, meeting face to face with the one and only hot ass guy I met on Facebook. His hair was dyed lighter, but it worked on him to be honest.

Before I could blank he suddenly ran up to me at an impossible speed and grabbed me by the nape of my neck, not giving me a chance to say something or move away

"You're mine." He growled with dark eyes as I heard my friend Charity scream beside me. Then, my knees weakened and my eyes rolled to the back of my head as darkness consumed me.

•••