"You girls are quite a team" Leanne said with a smile.

"Absolutely, I'm glad you are getting along with Ben. The boy is too shy for his own good" Dean added and Leanne couldn't agree more.

Sunny and Sarah excused themselves so that Sunny could change. Carly stayed beside her parents and greeted the guests and Gabe arrived a few minutes later. He went straight for a hug as a greeting.

"Hi beautiful" Gabe said and Carly blushed. She forgot that Gabe didn't know her parents and also forgot to mention him to them. They weren't going out, but they certainly were flirting with each other. After the horrible breakup with her ex, Carly didn't want to rush into things and Gabe has been more than a gentleman about it.

They separated the hug when Dean cleared his throat roughly. Sometimes he loved being a father that allowed him to be overprotective and after the incident at the party with Tommy, he took his paternal job very seriously.

"Dad" Carly exclaimed, completely forgetting he was there. "Dad, this is Gabriel, he's a friend. Gabe these are my parents Dean and Leanne"

Gabe, being himself extended his hand out to shake and gave Dean a shiny white smile "Hello, Mr. Murray, Mrs. Murray. Your daughter has told me a lot about you"

Dean shook his hand and Leanne greeted him with a kiss on each cheek. This was a usual cultural greeting amongst them. "Did she really?" Dean asked. Carly crossed her fingers in hopes that Gabe did not forget what she told him about her dad.

"Yes. I do think that the Canadiens are not doing very well at the moment but, with Gallagher back and Price on his way, they could have a surprising comeback" Gabe said. Carly let out a breath, glad he started to talk about hockey. Dean was a huge fan of the Canadiens of Montreal and was quite angry that they were not performing very well at the moment.

"Son, I couldn't agree more" Dean said as he grabbed Gabe's shoulders and dragged him away to talk about hockey. Gabe looked back and gave Carly an innocent smile before turning his attention to Dean.

"You prepared him well for this" Leanne praised her daughter.

"I had to" Carly said with a smile "but I think I lost him to dad" Leanne laughed.

"Do not worry my dear. He will give him back to you. He has me to complain about the hockey season"

"I thought you didn't like hockey" Carly asked.

"I do not. But it does not stop your father to talk about it does it? I bet if anyone asks me anything about hockey, I will know the answer. It goes with marrying a fan of a sports team"

"I'll keep that in mind", Carly grinned before leaving her mom to find her group of friends having lost Gabe for a good portion of the night.

-

Sunny turned around in her skinny jeans and long dress-shirt. The little girl had fallen in love with sundresses and skirts but because it was a cold winter day, Sarah didn't want to take the risk of making Sunny sick. It didn't matter for Sunny, she just appreciated wearing clothes that actually fit her and were in style.

"How do I look?" Sunny said. She was glowing.

"Beautiful, as always" Sarah said as she twirled Sunny around one more time with her hands.

"You always say that one-san" Sunny pouted.

"And the truth I always say"

Sunny giggled as they made their way out of the bathroom. Just as quickly as Flash, Sunny jumped up and kissed Sarah's cheek before rushing away to see Ben and her new found friends leaving Sarah alone in a sea of strangers. Shaking her head, Sarah walked around aimlessly. She was happy that Sunny found new friends but couldn't help feeling a little sad.