April 18th, 2005

Alfie's P.O.V.

I walked down the stret, kicking at the rocks in my way. I was still upset about what happened with Zoe. But, it was my fault. I know I can't stomach, anything. I should've left. I should've never looked back. But, I did. And now I'm here. Wow. I'm just a genius, aren't I? But, Zoe...she was so perfect. I couldn't just let her go.

Walking into a small resturaunt, I sat down and sighed, ordering a spinach tortellini with alfredo sauce and a raspberry lemonade. My thoughts were all of Zoe. The way she looked when she sleeped, her laugh, her smile, her eyes. Everything about her was perfect. It just wasn't fair. Why couldn't I have her? Why couldn't my life be so much simpler? Oh, wait. I know. I was screwed since the day I was born. No girl's ever had a crush on me. And, no girl ever will. Then a voice broke me from my thoughts. It was...angelic. Zoe.

Turning, I saw her and gasped. She was there...alone. Maybe, it was fate trying to tell me something? No. I should ignore it. 'Turn around! Stop staring!' I scolded myself and turned back to the table, waiting for my food and clearing my thoughts.

"Alfie?" Crap. Zoe walked over and sat down in front of me, "It is you! Hi. You seem to be doing better." She smiled. Her smile. Gosh, she was gorgeous. 

"Er, yeah. I am, thank you." Wow. That didn't sound nervous at all. Pretty sure, dogs can hear me, now! I sound like Prince singing, for god's sake.

"Good. Hey, do you mind if I sit with you?" 

Say no, say no, say n-"Sure." Oops.

"Thanks. So, uh, why did you leave so suddenly yesterday?" Of course. I knew this would come up. I should've anticpated it. I ran out of there, like I was bloody well, on fire. Whoops. I should probably be listening to her. "He would've liked it."

"I'm sorry. What? I kinda zoned out for a second there."

"Oh. I was just asking why you left so quickly, yesterday. Tyler would've enjoyed meeting you. He loves meeting new people." Of course, he does.

"Oh? Maybe next time? I guess, I felt like I was intruding on you two." Ask her. "How long have you guys been together? You seem happy with him."

Zoe laughed loudly. What had I said that was so funny? "Me and Ty? Um, no. He's my bestfriend...he's also gay." Oh...OH! 

"Ah, okay." Laugh a little. Too much. "Well, maybe I could stay longer next time, then."

"I would like that." Good.

~~~

Zoe and I finished off our foods and got up. I paid, even though she tried to. Never let a girl pay. That just means you're a dickhead. Besides, it sets a reminder that you'll be willing to pay for your dates and makes a girl like you more...at least that's what I read. You know, in Cosmo.

"Why wouldn't you let me pay?" She asked as we walked out.

"Because, a gentleman always pays?" Nailed it. Didn't sound you were gonna cry or anything! We're getting somewhere, finally. Keep it up.

"Ahh. So you're old-fashioned?" Darn tootin'. Okay, no. Don't say that.

"I guess you could say, that." That's better.

"Hm...yeah, I think this'll work." Wait...what?

"What will work?"

"Well, Tyler really likes old-fashioned values and whatnot. And I really like to hang out with you." I don't know how to feel about where this may be going. "So, I'm gonna set up a date." Oh.

"That sounds great!" Don't piss yourself, Jesus.

"What day works for you?" Is this actually, happening?

"Um, I'm free on Friday." You sound normal. "But what day works for you guys?"

"Hm, well I think he's free on Friday, too. So, that should work just fine." Good. "Maybe I could even give you a makeover?" Hold the phone. "But, Tyler already thinks you're cute as a button. I'm sure you guys will hit it off, just fine." Oh, no. "Gosh, I just love setting people up!" There she goes, smiling that smile again. "You and Tyler will be great together."

"What?" You've got to be kidding to me.

"What? You are gay, right?"

Fuck.

A/N: Do you all hate me? Yes, I know. But, hey. Alfie's got a sense of humor with himself, at least.