"(Y/n), why don't you talk?" Yukine said a bit impatiently but still showed a smile. Your eyes widened, "E-eh... I don't know..." Your soft voice filled his ears, "YOU SPOKE!" He cheered like a child punching his fist to the air.

His excitement settled down once he saw that you were looking down,

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." You smiled at him for the one hundredth time today, you looked up to see Yato and Hiyori walk up to the both of you. "OH MY GOSH (Y/N) SAID SOMETHING?!" Hiyori came to hug you. "I'm glad you're getting comfortable..." She said calmly this time...

"(Y/n), me and Hiyori will be going out, take care." Yato ruffled your hair. "Y-you two are d-dating?" Your voice spoke shyly as you looked up at Yato's blue eyes.

Both Yato and Hiyori blushed almost immediately. Behind were you stood, Yukine was laughing leaning his back on the couch. "Way to go (Y/n)! You got that right!" The blonde now stood up standing next to you.

"N-no! That's not true!" Hiyori pouted a bit. Yato seemed to be sulking once she denied it. "W-well I'm just going to buy some groceries... And he voluntarily wanted to come." Hiyori explained. "Oh okay, sorry for misunderstanding" you apologized.

After Yato and Hiyori left outside, they instantly ran to the back of the house and climbed in through an open window.

You say back down with Yukine, nothing interesting really happened... You sat beside him, he sat beside you, you stared at the ongoing TV show, he looked at you...

"They're not doing anything!" Yato complained while whispering. Hiyori sighed, "Quit complaining, what do you think they'll do anyway? They basically just met yesterday."

"Well, at least a conversation would be nice..." Yato grumbled. "We should help!" Hiyori chimed softly so you two can't hear. "How?" Yato asked. Hiyori then explained whispering into his ear.

Back to the awkward aura in the living room, you were thinking to yourself.

'What do I say? All he's been doing all day was starting the conversation, why am I so shy? Why can't I just speak to him regularly?'

You turn your body to where your now still sitting but facing to your right.

"E-etto... Yukine?" You shyly fiddle with your fingers.

His face turns bright with a grin, "What's up?" He tries to hide how happy he is your speaking again.

You blush glancing down at your hands then back up, "C-can... W-we..." You were blushing darker, your blushing state made Yukine look at you with a blush also.

"...Be friends?" You finished, Yukine looked at you in shock. You smiled falsely, 'friends... That's a start right? I can't hurry things up. I just met him!' Your thoughts were running, until Yukine spoke, "I thought we already were!" He giggled, "Yato and Hiyori too, we are all family! Well, not by blood but close friends." Yukine explained proudly as he sat closer to you.

He patted your shoulder as you looked up at him, "You don't have to be so shy around us (Y/n)," he paused and wrapped his arms around you. "We are here for you" his eyes were closed as he finished speaking, his hand patting your hair. Your eyes were getting watery, his words were so comforting, you hesitantly raised your arms...

You wrapped both your arms around him, and held your hands behind his back. "Yukine..." You muttered, he suddenly made a flinching movement, he pulled away, "S-sorry (Y-y/n)... I didn't mean to..." He looked down blushing. "It's alright!" You smiled, "thank you for that..." You scooted closer...

'What happened to shy little (Y/n)? ' is what went through Yukine's mind as you smiled warmly and sat right beside him.

You then leaned forward... "I'm sorry for being shy and awkward, I just didn't know anyone I could trust. But I know now, that I can trust you..." You finished speaking letting your voice trail off, you went ahead and wrapped your arms around him. He was now the one hesitant to return the hug.

"Yes! Some action!" Yato's voice interrupted your hug frightening you, both you and Yukine let go.

"Yato!!! You ruined the moment!!!" Hiyori smashed his face with her fist.

You giggled, a new home with family and friends...