Chapter 8:

Cameron's pov💢
I wake up the next morning, Madison's still sleeping. I have to protect her from her asshole of a father. Who the hell does that? He should still be in jail. I know she's not gonna tell Matt that. She doesn't want to worry him probably. Yet, I know she's scared. She might hate to admit it. But she is. I go over to Matt's. I have to tell him.
I knock. "Hey dude. What's up?" Matt answers the door.
"I have to tell you something."
"Oh yeah dude. How was your date?"
"It was good, at first..." I trial off.
"What do you mean?" He opens the door more to let me in.
"Madison's dad, he's out of jail." I blurt out.
"What!?" Matt freaks out.
He speed walks out the door and into our room. I follow right behind him.
"How could you not tell me?!" He yells right next to Madison. She jumps.
"Jesus Christ dude. What do you want?" She yawns.
"How could you not tell me that your dad was out of jail?!" He yells again.
"Wha- Cameron!" She yells at me.
"Okay I knew you weren't gonna tell him."
"For a reason." She gets up and stands in front of me.
"He deserves to know."
"That's not for you to decide! Cameron, you don't even know me. You're not apart of my life." That felt like a knife to my chest.
"Not part of your life? We share a room together. Technically I am. And I know you better than you know yourself." I start getting angry.
"I'm gonna go.." Matt announces and shuts the door behind him.
"Really? What do you know about me?" She challenges.
"I know you hate milk, I know you don't like being called 'Mad dog', I know you hate when people think you're stupid for not going to college but really you were homeschooled because you were training to be an elite gymnast that's why you didn't go. I know Matt has been your bestfriend since you were 7. I know about your ex boyfriend who cheated on you. I know that after you broke up with him because he cheated on you, you thought you weren't good enough. You thought, you weren't pretty enough, skinny enough, or smart enough. But the truth is that you were and he was just a dick. I know that you love pickles. I know that when you are about to get your period you crave Wendy's. I know that you hate strawberry ice cream. I know that Marty is your gymnastics coach. I know you won the gold metal at nationals last year. I know that you love wearing sweatpants way more than you like to dress up. I know your idea of a perfect date is staying home watching movies all day cuddled up on the couch. I know that your favorite food is pizza. I also know that you love chicken wings. I know you love spicy stuff and it doesn't bother you. And most importantly I know about your dad. But the thing you think no one knows, I know. I know you got a full scholarship offer from Marty.  And you didn't even have to tell me about half of those!" I get angrier.
"Whatever. Cameron, you may know me but you don't have a part in my life. Nothing has happened between us that had made us become friends, or stay friends." She tries to point out.
"Wait.. How do you know I got that offer!?" She realizes.
"I just do! I know you!" I yell at her.
"No! You don't! You just think you do! Cameron, whatever this is, doesn't mean anything." She motions in between us.
"The kiss yesterday didn't?" I raise my eyebrows.
"That meant nothing! It was just a kiss." She shrugs it off. I grab her face in my hands and kiss her. She seems shocked at first but eventually kisses me back. She puts her arms around my neck. After 2 minutes we both pull away.
"Nothing." She says and unhooks her arms from around my neck.
"Fine. Whatever. I don't care about you anyways. Go take your scholarship. Just leave already."  I put my hands up in surrender and walk out of the room.
Madison's pov💢
What the hell just happened? A tear rolls down my cheek. Why am I so sad over him? He means nothing to me. I have to go back. I have to train. I call Marty.
Marty: hello?
Me: hey, it's Madison..
Marty: what's wrong?
Me: I'm going to take that offer on the scholarship.
Marty: That's great news! I'll let them know right away. I've missed having you here.
Me: I missed being there.
Marty: When will you be here?
Me: Tomorrow night at the latest.
Marty: Okay! See you soon. Get ready to work.
Me: *laughs* will do.
I say and hang up. This has worked out perfectly. I leave here, and live out my dream, my career. Like I was suppose to do. I can't let Cameron get into my head like that. I have to leave.
Cameron's pov💢
I can't believe I said that to her. I'll let her cool off for now. We both need to. I'll talk to her tomorrow. I go into Matt's room.
"Hey.." He says.
"Hi." I put my head in my hands and sit down in the chair.
"What are you gonna do about her?" Matt asks. I look up at him.
"Like, that argument... You not being apart of her life how'd that make you feel and all?" He tries to explain.
"It felt like a knife in my heart that just kept twisting." I shake my head to get the thought out of my head. Matt just nods. I don't know how all this is gonna go down with her.

MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT!💚