Chapter 17

Joanna's POV

My dad was quiet for a while. I felt like I should talk about my feelings instead of pushing it all away so I blurted out the whole story about Alex and me, which caused more silence on my father's side.

"Wow.. That's just ridicoulous .. Not in a bad way, but it's an amazing story", he finally said. "You should go back to her, don't let her go. Talk about it, I want you to be happy."

"You're right", I stood up from my chair and walked to the front door. When I opened it, I saw a familiar face who was about to ring the bell. Miss Alex Mitchell.

Alex's POV

Her eyes were all red and puffy, she definitely didn't deserve this. I immediately regretted my outburst from the second it left my lips and went after her, but she was a pretty fast runner or I'm just weak. Probably both.

"I- .. I tried to call you, but you didn't pick up the phone.", I stammered. She took her phone out of her pocket. "I didn't hea-.. Oh my phone battery died.. That explains a lot.", she said.
"Can we talk about it? At my place?", I demanded.
"Sure", she nodded and walked to my car.

Back home, my mom was playing a game with Simon. "Oh honey! There you are, finally!", she blurted out. "And I'm so happy you're here, Joanna", my mom added. Simon was running in circles around Joanna, but she looked like if her life was sucked out of her. "Shall we go to the bedroom?" I asked. She nodded and followed me.

She laid down and hugged me. I opened my mouth to say something, but then I noticed she already fell asleep. She must have had a rough day at first she got caught with me at school, then she got into a fight with me and finally she meets her dad after 5 years . I really want to explain all of this to her, she doesn't deserve this. My poor girl.

Joanna's POV

I woke up in Alex's room. I blinked a few times and looked around to find Alex next to me, her eyes wide open and looking at me.
"For a second, I was afraid you weren't going to wake up", she said as she put a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Haha", I laughed," that's too dramatic. Look I'm still alive", I told her while I got up and jumped off the bed to show everything was still working. She grabbed my hands, pulled me closer and planted a kiss on the top of my head.

"I have to apologize", she stated. "Me too. I'm just so sorry.. I was.. Just afraid to lose you.., I think..", I answered. "I don't want to lose you too and you deserve an explanation.. About my new job.. When I got that offer at that university, I immediately went to your mom and asked where you wanted to study and she said you would probably go to college not far from that university. And after a while you told it yourself so I knew it for sure. I was waiting till' your graduation day to surprise you and ask if we maybe could move in in our own little appartment.. Just you ,me and Simon. I go to work, you go to college and we can be happy and free.. Finally..", she explained.

"That's just.. Wow..", I was speechless. "I would love to.. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have reacted that way. Sorry..", I said while hugging her. "My reaction was also a bit undue. I was just a bit pissed that I just saved our asses from Ms. Brown and all you we're doing was complainig about the fact I hadn't told you. But you're right I should have told you at least something about it.. Sorry Jo", she explained.

I took her in my arms ,her chin rested on my head. "It's okay. I love you so much, Alex..", I whispered.

"I love you too"