Chapter 13

Alex's POV

I laid down in her bed, I knew she was awake and probably overthinking. She should get some sleep, really I don't want to see my girl sad, tired or anything bad.

It's crazy how much she means to me, because she was just a girl who's in one of my classes, I usually don't pay much attention to students. I usually just educate them and that's it, but Joanna is so different: mature, but still a little girl , she shows her interest in the smallest things, she is just so special, I couldn't ignore my feelings anymore and here we are now, a few months later. And I'm laying here next to her. My girl. It's amazing.

Joanna's POV

5 o'clock in the morning, I laid down next to a sleeping Alex. I hadn't closed my eyes since Lindsay told me about Ailene's feelings for me. I couldn't believe this. Is this real? Ailene?

The words kept wandering through my mind, I was pretty close to her, but I didn't expect her to get feelings for me. I mean why didn't I notice it was I too busy with Alex? Should I talk to her or just leave it and let her come back by herself.. Apparently, Alex noticed I wasn't sleeping and got up
"Are you still thinking about her?", she questioned.
"Hmm", I nodded, " if I had known it, she wouldn't be hurt now. At least I could have said it a bit more subtle. I feel so bad for her "

"You can't be good to everyone, Jo." She put her arm around me, " Ailene is a nice girl, she won't be mad and slowly, possibly very slowly , she will get over you and things can go back at how it was. Just give it a little time."
Her breath tickled my cheek, making me want to hug her really thight and that I did, she patted my back, my heartbeat slowed down and my eyes closed just like the first time I slept with her on her couch.

But right before I fell asleep I mumbled: " I'm glad that I have you. I really love you, babe, you are my one that didn't go away.."