Chapter 15

Alex's POV

Well.., didn't see that coming..

Currently Joanna, Ms. Brown and I are sitting at my desk, staring nervously at eachother, waiting for someone to say something.

It was actually quite funny when Nicky aka Ms. Brown entered. The look on her face and the look on Joanna's face were so hilarious, if I wasn't in trouble, I would've laughed so hard.

Joanna immediately jumped off my lap and grabbed her t-shirt, I buttoned my blouse again and Nicky suggested to all sit down to talk about it, but apparently she can't find her words.

"Well.. I honestly don't know what to say about this..", Nicky began
"I know it's rude to ask", she went on, "but are you two dating? Just to make sure she wasn't raping you.., Joanna?"

"Oh god, no. No no she wasn't raping me at all. Actually.. We are.." I saw the desperate look in Joanna's eyes, the last time she told someone about us, it didn't turn out that well. So I decided to take over.
"Actually we've been a couple for a while now, Nicky."

"Wow! You guys are really good at hiding it!", she almost screamed. "Ssst", I placed my finger on my lips " I know I ask a lot, but can you please keep this a secret? We've been putting so much effort in hiding our relationship. Joanna almost graduates, she won't be my student anymore in a few weeks.."

"Of coarse, I will. I don't want you to be fired. But I think that it's better that you maybe.. Try to find another job? Don't get me wrong, I think you're a fantastic teacher and collegue, bur if the principal hears about this, you're going to be in deep trouble."

"I know", I sighed, " I already got a job offer in some university in another state, we'll be fine. Thanks Nicky.", I continued with a smile.

"You're welcome", she smiled back "and now I suppose that you two continue your heated session.. Somewhere else", she laughed while looking from me to Joanna.

Joanna's POV

"Seriously? When we're you going to tell me?!", I questioned angrily as soon as we were in the parking lot. "Sorry, I just hadn't figured it out yet", she excused herself, but it didn't take away my anger. How could she not tell me about that offer?
"You can always tell me", I hissed
"But it's still my choice!", she fired back.

I couldn't take it anymore, I turned around and my feet started running. I just needed to get away from here. I kept running while tears were streaming down my face. And suddenly I started to question everything and everyone. Who can I still trust? Are my friends my real friends? If yes, why doesn't anybody try to reach me? Why doesn't Alex try to reach me? Does my mom still love me? Is there a chance my father thinks about me sometimes? "Does somebody even care?!", I yelled out in frustration.

My knees hit the ground as I fell, my hands could save my head from the stones. My body couldn't take anymore sadness. I don't even know where I am, or do I? I opened my eyes and looked around, starting to recognize the neighbourhood. It is were-
Suddenly a door opened behind me. I turned around.
"Dad?"