Introduction-The Dark Days

Incase you didnt know, this is a Hunger Games fanfic about Haymitch and Maysilee. So if your a Hunger Games fan (and even if your not) please read! Thanks guys!

P.S. If you've read the Hunger Games, you can skip the intro if you want. Its just explaining how the Games came to be. =)

Oops, I almost forgot! The characters Haymitch Abernanthy and Maysilee Donner belong to Suzanne Collins!

Introduction: The Dark Days

       After a war, North America was left in ruins. Out of those ruins rose a nation. The nation of Panem, split into 13 Districts and ruled by the harsh and cruel Capitol. The people of the Districts did not agree with the way the Capitol was treating them, and they rebelled, not knowing  the outcome would be an even worse world then it was then. A war formed, blood shed.

    The Dark Days, as they were later called, seemed like it would never end. And then one day, the Capitol destroyed District 13. Then, one day, the Capitol won. 

    To punish the Districts and to show they have absolute control, the Capitol sends  one boy and one girl (between the ages of 12 and 18)  from each district to participate in the anual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live t.v. 

    Every 25 years, though, they have a Quarter Quell, a Hunger Games with a bit of a twist. This is the story of the 50th Hunger Games, the Second Quarter Quell.

May the odds be ever in your favour.