Chapter 58: Putting On A Show

Start from the beginning

I moved away, but he hoped over the arm rest to sit next to me. He put an arm around me, and another one on my knee. I crossed my arms over my chest, feeling heat go to my cheeks.

Don’t provoke him; don’t give him any reason to stay with you. You’re done with him! Hold it together Cassie, he will leave eventually.

A chuckle echoed the room, “Will I?” he drawled   in a husky voice, reading my thoughts. He rested his curly head on his bicep looming over my cringing body on the couch. His fingers turned into a pretend spider, crawling up my stomach. I slapped it away, and he let out a groan, “Talk to me or I’ll bother you more,” he threatened.

I continued to be silent, staring ahead of me.

“What about in your mind?”

I let out a long breath, and shook my head. “Fine,” he said, giving up. He moved away from me on the couch, and then crossed his thick biceps crossed over his chest. I instantly got up, to get away from him. My stomach screamed to eat, so I hurried into the kitchen and closed the pantry door behind me.

“Thank God,” I let out, in relief and touched my flaming cheeks.

I can’t do this! I need to get out of this place!

The feeling of fingers moving through my pony tail and playing with the curls made me drop the box of cereal in my hand. “I don’t appreciate being ignored, Cassie.”

My arms crossed over my chest as I whirled around to him. This huge pantry is not big enough for the two of us. He looks massive compared to this room. I maneuvered my body to go around him, but he continued to block my way.

“Move,” I whispered, staring at his chest.

“Nope,” he stated bluntly, popping the ‘p’. His lips brushed my eyebrow, and then down to my cheek, “Valentine hungry,” he purred playfully.

“Why won’t you just leave me alone?” I burst out loudly, tilting my head up to him. “I don’t want to see you anymore, I don’t want to talk to you, I don’t want to listen to you, and I don’t want to be with you. You hurt me, try and kill me, now you want to feed from me?”

I stopped my rant, aggressively pushing a fallen piece of hair from my pony tail.

He kept his eyes on the ground, and opened his mouth to speak, “I’m—“

“—I don’t care. Just get out of my way, and open the front door before I give you anymore bruises. Or would you like me to just call your Daddy and tell him to do that for me? He can get rid of a cold hearted Bastard faster than I can,” I spat, nastily.

A long pause lingered in the air. I uncrossed my arms, realizing what I said.

Valentine’s dark blue eyes suddenly lifted to mine, filling with more emotion than I’ve ever seen. He drifted them back to the floor, shut his eyes, and moved out of the way to I could pass by. He let enough room for me to pass without even touching him. But I found myself glued in my spot, with my arms crossed over my chest.

“I shouldn’t have said that. That wasn’t right.”

He turned around, hurrying out of the pantry. I followed him, trying to keep up with his fast pace. I got to the bottom of the marble stairs, to watch Valentine climbing them quickly taking two steps at a time.

“Where are you going?” I shouted after him, starting to climb the stairs myself. His long strides, kept me jogging down the royal ring. I ran until I reached him, pulling at his shoulder. He brushed me off, walking faster. Tears fought their way to my eyes, knowing how bad I hurt him by just those few words. We reached his door. I grabbed onto his arm when he went for the door knob, “I was just mad.”

He turned to me, his expression clamping my mouth shut. The amount of sorrow in his eyes crushed my heart. Valentine returned his gaze to the doorknob, “I have a meeting with the Court in an hour. Emilia and Camelia should be at the house by twelve. If not I hope you find something productive to do,” he opened the door to his bedroom, and cleared his throat. “I’ll feed while I’m out so you don’t need to deal with me.”

He walked into the dark room, and quietly closed the door with a click.

*****************************************************************************************************

A lot of you are saying I should make a sequel. I was going to already do one with Dimitri...but you tell me what you want me to do. I feel like the story is coming to an end, so if you have any ideas as to how I should end it, or if they should train more please tell meeee.

I was really thinking about  NOT killing the King in THIS book. The next book would be about how Dimitri will be a good asset to Cassie and Val, since Dimitri's an ASSASIN! OH YEAH...

Anways...

The Annual Ceremony is coming up as well as Christmas; which should tie into the next book nicely if I DO use Dimitri as the next book. Idk though a lot of sequels ruin the first book. I would of course have Valentine and Cassie also in it, so yeah.   PM me or comment here saying your ideas. 

***Or I can just put both books into ONE. That's what I think I'll end up doing. Like put a Book two or whatever, and continue the story adding another lead female's voice. (Anna)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I just gave that one away.