Chapter 57: Sweet Dreams, Miss Heart

Pic to da right!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Who knew a drawing could be so....Valentine. It's alright, we can use his name as an adjective.

*****************************************************************************************************

I sat up, waking up from an already forgotten nightmare.

Pain erupted from ever muscle and patch of skin on my body. My breathing continued to come out in little puffs from the nightmare, as I searched the sun lit living room. By the looks of the windows it’s probably around eight in the morning. I wiped at my slightly sweaty forehead, and then pushed the fuzzy blanket off of me. The cold air of the house caressed me skin. From the puffy feeling of my eyes I must have slept ten hours at most.

Crying does that to a person.

“I don’t understand,” a quiet, female voice said.

I strained to hear what they are saying, “I can’t,” a deep voice mumbled.

I’d know that voice anywhere.

I turned around on the couch, to see Valentine leaning heavily on the edge of front door, talking to a girl. She walked further in the house, revealing a petite blond with a flimsy outfit on. I swallowed a lump in my throat, and turned away from them.

“We can try later.”

She let out a groan, probably putting her hand on his chest. “Please? I came all the way out here just to see you! I thought we would have some…fun.”

This is sickening.

“You may stay if you wish,” he replied, quieter than a whisper, “I don’t know if I can—“

The rest my ears didn’t register.  Does he know I’m listening?

“I can see that, you should rest,” the girl suggested. I turned to them once again, to see her playing with his curly hair. He’s facing away from me and still leaning on the door like the lazy-ass he is. He changed his bloody shirt to a navy one, switched his denim jeans to black sweat pants. “Are you sure?” she questioned, sounding like she wants to be all alone with him.

“I don’t know.”

She came further into the house, instantly glancing at me. I waved awkwardly, and she smiled politely probably not knowing I was here the whole time. I sunk further into the couch realizing me and him are the only one on this floor now.

Where is everyone anyways?

Valentine closed the door quietly, finally leaning off of it. He dragged his feet towards the kitchen hallway. He’s walking as if he can’t hold himself up. His hands are clenched at his side, as if he is in pain, and his head is down to the floor. I watched him walk away, noticing his face never lifted to mine. Not even to scowl at me or so some an acknowledgement.

He wants nothing to do with me.

Pressure started in my eyes once again, and I brushed more tears from my eyes. I stood up from the couch, crossing my arms over my chest. What am I going to do now? Do I leave? Where do I go? The sound of glass crashing brought my head to the kitchen.

Just go up to your room Cassie. Just go up to your room. Don’t walk towards the—stop that! My feet disobeyed my brain, and I found myself walking into the kitchen. I stayed silent, even after I saw him hunched over the sink with a dark object to his lips. He let out a ferocious growl, and smashed the object to the counter.