Bianca was dressed in a baby blue A-line dress from Juicy Couture and Adia was decked out head-to-toe in Gucci.

I was probably the most casually dressed here, despite it being my birthday.

We're going to a theme park, Marissa. Why the hell would you want to wear high heels or a dress? The logical part of me scolded.

"Thank you," I said, smiling slightly. "You both look great."

"We know," Adia exclaimed happily, twirling a lock of dark hair around her finger.

We idled around the front entrance as people starting to file into the theme park. All of them stopped by to wish me a happy birthday before proceeding to the makeshift gift tent, where they placed the presents they had brought along with them.

It took about an hour before the last of the Meilleureans arrived, and we closed the gate. Anyone else who wanted to come in would have to go through security now.

"I heard that the Royals might be coming." My ears perked up and I swivelled my head towards where the voice came from. I didn't recognise the girl, but she was busy chattering to her friends who looked equally as excited as she was.

"Really? Wow, it must really be the event of the year," her friend sighed in awe. Bianca stiffened beside me, and she narrowed her eyes slightly.

"That is, if they even show up," Bianca muttered under her breath angrily. I pretended I didn't hear what she said, and instead painted a cheery smile onto my face.

"Thank you for inviting me!"

"Happy birthday!"

"Wow, you look great!"

I nodded politely, shooting everyone smiles when they walked passed me. When I was sure the coast was clear, I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips.

I knew no one really cared that it was my birthday. They only cared about the damned theme park.

I glanced around me, noticing for the first time that Adia and Bianca were nowhere to be found. Great.

I scanned the crowd, eyes landing on a girl wearing a bright baby blue dress. There she is. I squinted, realising that she was hanging off the arm of Joshua Lenon, the captain of the swim team. I watched as he whispered something to her, and Bianca threw her head back and laughed lightly, a bright grin spreading across her face.

Hmm. I'll have to ask her what's up with her and Joshua soon.

I couldn't find Adia, and decided that she probably went off to have fun on one of the rides. After all, she really liked rollercoasters.

I shook my head slightly, heading towards one of the many cafes in Disney. It was pretty empty, save for a bored looking boy in a beanie, sitting at the front of the cafe. I payed him no attention and headed straight to the back of the shop, flopping down onto a soft, comfy leather couch.

12.30 PM

Still a long way to go before the day's over, I thought miserably.

"Welcome to Disney Cafe! May I get you anything?" a waitress chirped, clicking her pen and looked up at me expectantly.

"A blueberry muffin and a coffee. Black, no sugar," I said quietly, and she nodded and quickly scribbled down my order. With that, she quickly headed back to the kitchen.