Chapter 24- Charity Event

Começar do início

"Ughhhhhh"

Jake's POV

I work up early today and my nose went stray to Kate, she was so beautiful last night, and a lot of people seem to really like her. But that's not surprise she's an amazing person.

A few people knew I was here so they invited me to a charity event today, apparently everyone that was at Princess Kimberly's birthday party last night would be attending, which mean Kate should be there.

I smirked. Well this should be fun.

As I was getting ready my phone rang. It was my brother.

"Well well if it isn't the player ready to tell me all about the women he took home."

I heard him chuckle.

"Go in then how was it"

"Man last night was the best night of my life"
"Ha I knew it. " I laughed.

"No not like that, obviously as soon as I walked in the girls where all over me, but I walked over to Kimberly and as usually I flirted and she ignored me but then this girl came up to me asking me if I wanted to go for a walk and I told her no, that I was good right where I was.

I could tell she was upset but I didn't care, I just wanted to see what Kimberly would do if I didn't play the field like I always do because even though I joke around a lot I really do like this girl and maybe it's time for me to stop playing around.

After that we just talked the whole night and I didn't even need a drink to make it through the night because she was so captivating.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

"I'm sorry who is this? Because there's no way that I'm speaking to my brother right now, where did all of this come from" I said in disbelief.

"It came from you bro. You know when you speak I usually don't listen to you but every now and again I do listen and take you advice. Can't believe this entire time she was actually interested in me and I was an idiot thinking that she didn't care so I just grabbed any girl that was interested.

"Wow well I'm happy for you. Don't screw this up because I will hunt you down myself"

We both laughed.

"Anyway man, what about you how's your love life going"

"Well I just found out that the girl I was interested in and angry at is actually Princess Katherine of the Netherlands"

"No way Kate is Princess Katherine, I remember learning about all of the royals years ago and that Netherlands was one of the few that didn't have a photo of their princess"

"Yeah, I just wish she told me, I mean I went through a lot to make sure that she could enter the competition. Ugh this girl is just a lot of work, not to mention she's already engaged. I just don't get it why come here with me, why give me this hope that we could be together when everything is literally against us"

"Mate she was probably overwhelmed with how quickly everything was going and things probably just got out of hand. I'm sure she wanted to tell you everything, but just couldn't find the right time. Just make sure you make the right decision and win her over, I mean she's not married yet"

"Ahhh since when did you get so wise, you make one right decision and now you know everything"

He laughed. "Anyway I've got to go, I'll see you around"

"Okay see you"

Right well I have an hour before I have to be at this event so let me finish getting ready.