5.5

josh

incase you forgot italics is josh and  bold is tyler :)

*********

im here

okay back table

---
"hey!" i greet him with a flashy smile.

he smiles back.

he frowns.

i frown.

"what's wrong, ty bean?"

"it's n-nothing."

"tyl-"

"i'm fine," he strains. "let's just order some coffee and talk. that's why we're here, right?"

"yeah."

tyler stands up, pushes in his chair, and walks over to the barista.

he comes back with two large cups of a hot chocolate and a bitter coffee. he puts down the latter in front of me carefully. tyler sits down and takes a cautious sip.

"so..." i take a sip of mine. "where should we start?"

suddenly, tyler stands up, smacking his hands on the small coffee table.

"no!"

he realizes his surroundings and tries to calm himself.

"i... i can't do this," he whispers, barely over a hush.

"do what, tyler? what have i done to-"

"to what?" he raises his voice again. "to deserve this much hostility? loneliness? hurt? sadness? jealously?" He takes breaths out hard like he'd just been sprinting a straight mile.

his eyes start to fill with tears while mine show clear confusion at what he's getting at. "what are you talking about? yes, i didn't talk to you for awhile, but it wasn't my fau-"

"bull." i flinch.

"tyler, i thought we were friends."

He starts to laugh historically at my remark. i look around at everyone else in the little shop. they all were looking down, avoiding eye contact from either of us - well, except for one old man with cloudy glasses and a shaved head. he looked straight at me and muttered, "idiot."

bitter streaming out of tyler's voice, explained, "i hate you so much. you are so oblivious to everything, aren't you?"

"tyler?"

there was fire in this smol boy's eyes and i couldn't shut it off.

"shut up!" he rushes to wipe his unstopping tears with his sleeves.

i step towards him, wanting to comfort my hurt friend, even though i had no idea why he was so sad.

"ty, we are in public. let's talk outside, please."

he wasn't listening.

"no, you're the one who's scared of your sexuality!" he clawed at his neck.

I stare at him in disbelief. what was he saying? what... i close my eyes, letting out a breath i had no idea i was keeping in. i step towards him again and grabs his wrists to stop him from adding more red marks.

"i love you as a friend. i don't want to loose you." i strain out, hoping tyler would calm down. instead, he dropped his shoulders and shook out of my grasp. he fast walked to the front door, but stopped and turned towards my shaking body.

"no friend blushes at a beautiful man like you, josh," he walks out the glass doors, leaving me speechless.

------

a/n

i was going to add more fluff at the beginning but you guys know me better than that.