Chapter Twenty Seven

Detective Andy Cuddles drove slowly four blocks away from the scene of the shooting. His phone tracker program was still running. This part of town was crawling with cops, and he didn't want to be seen. He was driving his wife's car, a red Toyota Highlander. He went slow as he drove over the neighborhood speed bumps. His cargo moaned when the back axle came down and bounced the back of the car. He was on his phone.

"Yeah, I need it to be a house call. I understand, an extra $200." He paused as he listened to the man on the other end of the call. "No, nothing major, nothing life threatening I don't think. Well, no bullet holes anyway. Broken arm maybe? Definite concussion. Hell of a lot of cuts, scrapes, and bruises." He paused again as the doctor spoke. "Gonna need to stitch her up in a few places too. Five feet maybe, low digits if any after that. Not sure, yeah ok, 110 pounds. Very fit. Jewish." He paused again. The doctor on the other end of the phone was laying into him. "Ok, ok, fucking fine. I just thought you should know so you don't prescribe her bacon or some shit like that." There was a pause. "Oh, you are, I didn't know that." He stopped speaking while the doctor shouted at him. "No, I'm not a fucking racist. Don't be an asshole. Listen, she may act strange. Major PTSD, of a level you can't imagine." He paused to listen to the doctor's response. "Oh, you were? No shit? Well, this woman has been through a war too. A real war with real bodies, and she doesn't seem to be able handle these sort of things too well right now. Yeah, I know you aren't that kind of doctor. Just thought it was relevant for you to know, kinda like the Jewish thing. Just come over in thirty minutes and take a look at her, will ya? No shit? Smokin that shit really helps? Well I'll be damned. Yeah, see ya in thirty." Cuddles disconnected the call and said "PRICK," before throwing the phone into the passenger seat.

In the back of the SUV, under a blanket, was Anna. Cuddles had found her bleeding but breathing at the base of one of the pre-cast concrete fountains in the garden and outdoor department. Most of her blouse was still caught in the barbed wire at the top of the back fence of Home Depot.

FIN

In this game, reviews are essential, so please consider submitting a review. Even if you thought it sucked, lemme know where or how it sucked. It will make me a better writer.

With apologies:

Shameless Self Promotion

For more of this kind of stuff:

http://komura420.com/

More stories, rants and latest updates. Shit for later use.

Check out the free story, So Help Me God - one of my favorites.

Join the fucking newsletter mailing list:

1 – will tell you about new stories

2 – won't fill your email box with tons of shit...I don't like mine full of shit

Other Titles:

Forced Entry

Forced Entry 2 – Eye for an Eye

Forced Entry 2 – Tooth for a Tooth

The Mississippi Sativa Cooperative

The Mississippi Sativa Cooperative 2: Bad Seeds

Fucking Everything So Far – anthology

The Cannabis Chronicles

You can follow me on Twitter:@komradekomura

If you would like to be a beta reader, please drop me a line at: komura420@gmail.com

Fucking enough already with this self-promotion shit