Chapter Fourteen

"Seriously? Are you shitting me?" Anna spoke in a voice that accentuated her disbelief in what she was hearing.

"No, I'm completely serious. It's simple and brilliant," said Pete.

"One more time," she requested.

"OK, look around the world. Pretty fucked up, ain't it?"

"Definitely," she agreed.

"And most of it's from our own doing, right?"

"Agreed."

"And during this entire time, it's like the old James Brown song 'It's a Man's World.' As a result, we've pushed our planet to the brink."

Anna nodded. "Correct again."

"And beneath it all: underneath the wars, the exploitation, the famines, the most evil things in the observable world, beneath all of it is the same driving force: the male sex drive. It's the root cause of most of the problems in the world. Combine it with the forces of religious repression and oppression and the mix is lethal...and very bad for women."

Anna turned the car onto Penguin Street. She drove past the old ice house, which had been converted into condos for the upwardly mobile. Only seventy two percent occupancy and management was in a panic.

"And you think you have the solution?" Anna smirked.

"Definitely. Men without power is the only logical option for us to step back from the edge."

"And you think that men will just give up their power?"

"I think you would be surprised," Pete said.

"Just because they start every morning with a blow job?" Anna was incredulous at the workings of the male brain.

"Now do you see just how exquisite a solution it is? It's one of those things no man can resist. Originally, I had thought about fucking, but then I realized that the planet could not handle the resulting increase in population. Blow jobs seemed to be the obvious answer. Hence BJFP was born."

Anna laughed, "Blow Jobs For Peace."

"Exactly. And its orientation neutral, even gay men like blow jobs."

Anna turned onto Biscuit Lane. It was a long straight white concrete road with butter yellow speed bumps. They were headed to the Kawasaki dealership.

"And how exactly does BJFP work?"

"Starting at puberty, every man would be sucked off first thing every morning. In return for this, no man can assume a position of power of any kind. We cannot be political leaders, executives, managers or supervisors. It'll become a world run completely by women. So instead of empires, slavery, exploitation, and war we would have countries who are simply not speaking to one another."

Anna rolled her eyes. "You know, I just want to slap you. How can someone as clever as you be such a complete schmuck sometimes? You give chauvinist pigs a bad name."

"No," Pete argued. "This is a truly revolutionary idea. From puberty onward each male is assigned to a handler who will extract his seed every morning. Think about how calm and relaxed he'll be."

"Are these 'handlers forever sentenced to sucking off the same guy every morning?"

"Not if they don't want to. They can trade with other women. In fact, quite an active exchange market could develop among women.

"You know you're almost describing the slave trade, don't you."

"That is not what I intended. It's really our best hope for peace."