fifteen

We follow Chris and Stiles to some back room, which has a single laptop set up, already on the dead pool.

Stiles steps up to study the screen. I stay back and lean against a grated wall. Liam stands to my side, quiet.

Chris types a couple words and sends it. Stiles throws his hands in the air. "That's your assassin speak?"

"I said he's dead," Chris explains tiredly. "What more do you want?"

"Well it's a little dry," Stiles tells him. I roll my eyes at him and Liam chuckles silently. Stiles continues, "You could have said something interesting, like the target has been neutralized you know, the crow flies at midnight that's always cool."

Chris grunts in reply before directing his attention to the beep that came from the computer. The Benefactor replied. I creep up and read the computer from behind Stiles's shoulder. The Benefactor is demanding visual confirmation.

"Type this," Chris directs, while Stiles leans down over the computer. "Visual confirmation not possible. Police coming to claim body in forty minutes."

They reply almost instantly. I read it. VISUAL CONFIRMATION IS REQUIRED FOR PAYMENT.

I can tell Chris is getting angry. He clenches his jaw and tells Stiles, "Tell him number one on the list is dead, I killed him, wire transfer is completed in forty minutes..."

He turns the computer so he can type the last words himself. I stand on my tip toes to read it. IM COMING AFTER YOU.

I breathe out and return to my flat feet. I only just notice Liam beside me, reading the computer as I do. He gives me a worried gaze.

Chris turns around and looks at me. "Jessica, Liam, you two go to room 312 and stay in there. Text Kira from there to come up. Stiles and I are going to set up cameras."

I nod in understanding and grab Liam's wrist to pull him along with me. Chris and Stiles immediately start talking as we step foot out the room.

Liam must know this hospital pretty well, because he leads me straight to 312. It's empty, thankfully, and is set up with three computers on the bed. I shut the door behind me while Liam paces.

I lean against the closed door tiredly. Liam and I stand in silence before an irrelevant thought pops into my head and out my mouth.

"I still have your sweatshirt," I tell Liam quickly. He jumps at the sound of my voice, then smiles at me.

"Keep it." He says, pausing his pacing to look at me. "I told you you look better in it than me."

I laugh softly. "Are you sure? It's really soft, and warm. And it smells good."

"I'm sure," He smiles, taking a step closer to me. I breathe in and am suddenly overcome by that one feeling. Crap.

"Are you sure you're sure?" I ask, my voice low and unfamiliar.

"I'm sure of this," Liam half-whispers, taking the last step to close the gap between us. I have a millisecond to breathe before he kisses me.

I immediately fall to his touch, slipping back to lean against the wall. His hands wrap around my waist and I tangle my fingers in his hair. He wasn't lying- he seems a lot more sure this time than the first.