A Battle of Sharingan

Gaara's cluster of sand quickly formed into a sword and hardened. Waving his arms, Gaara swung it at Itachi. After just two such swings, it sliced Itachi.

    On impact, Itachi's body morphed into several black crows. The crows would then eventually fly close together until his body formed.

    "So it's true. You have your father's ability to manipulate sand with chakra," he said.

    "That's right. And I know that you use that Sharingan of yours to trap shinobi in genjutsu, but that won't work on me so long as I have Shukaku," replied Gaara.

    Sand would then quickly wrap around Itachi's body.

    "Now you're done for," said Gaara as he held his arm out. Itachi smiled before looking Gaara right in the eyes.

    "Before you attempt to finish me, I suggest you take a look at yourself," he said.

    Gaara blinked and immediately noticed that he was covered in his own sand. Itachi was spotless.

    "You put me in a genjutsu," said the former Kazekage, wincing a little.

    How did he get through Shukaku that easily? Was I already in an illusion before I even began my attack?

    "Genjutsu is my specialty, as you already know," Itachi started as he slowly rose his arm. Gaara gritted his teeth, glaring at the Uchiha clan member.

    "You fooled yourself into thinking your Tailed Beast would always break you out of a genjutsu. But what if I were to put the Tailed Beast itself into an illusion? I did just that, and it seems I did it without fail," Itachi explained.

    With a slight smile, he closed his eyes as he pointed his arm out. Multiple crows with swords held in their beaks formed from under his arm and quickly flew towards Gaara. The immobile red-haired shinobi braced himself while also questioning if he were still in Itachi's genjutsu.

    "Earth Style: Mud Wall!" yelled a new voice behind Gaara.

    A sizeable wall of earth suddenly rose in front of the crows to block them away. The crows disintegrated on impact as the wall then lowered.

    Kakashi Hatake, wearing a full ANBU uniform, was now standing next to Gaara. Kakashi became a captain of an ANBU squad after the Fourth Great Ninja war ended.

    Gaara looked up at Kakashi, not surprised with his sudden entrance.

    "It's been quite some time, Kakashi," he said as the sand encasing his body slowly went back into his gourd.

    "I went ahead of my squad. I'm glad I did, or you would've been seriously injured just now," said the white-haired male. Itachi scoffed at his former comrade, sighing gently.

    "Kakashi, I'm disappointed in you. For you are still among the corrupted force of the ANBU Black Ops," he said. Deidara smirked widely, also looking over to Kakashi.

    "This is great for me, hmph! I'll be able to exact my revenge on you for what you did to me back then!" he yelled at him. The memory of losing his arm to Kakashi's Kamui was forever burned into his head. The elder Hiruzen walked forward after observing everything from the sidelines.

    "Kakashi, you're going to regret coming here," he told him. After slapping his hands together, Monkey King Enma was summoned to his side. His old companion transformed into his staff form to be used as Hiruzen's weapon.

   "Go, Enma!"

    The end of the staff quickly extended towards Kakashi. The white-haired male jumped in the air to dodge it.

    Hashirama also walked forward, performing multiple hand seals.

    "Forgive me," he said to himself.

    Secret Wood Style Jutsu: Deep Forest Emergence!

    Barricades of trees emerged from the ground and rose in the air, trapping Kakashi. More trees and vegetation formed until an entire forest was created atop the roof.

    "Never thought I'd be able to see Lord First's Wood Style," mumbled Kakashi as he landed on a tree and looked around.

    Hashirama performed more hand seals. Large branches covered with explosion tags formed on the trees.

    "Now then!"

    The branches closed in on Kakashi and exploded immensely, setting numerous trees on fire. Upon the explosion, Kakashi's body turned into a log and poofed away.

    The white-haired ANBU captain reappeared in the air above Hashirama with electricity forming in his hands. He quickly dashed towards the first Hokage and shoved his hand forward.

    Suddenly, Itachi appeared in front of Kakashi and smashed his knee into his chest. Kakashi crashed down to the ground, sliding again at it. He winced and looked up, now peering into the eyes of a shadow clone that Itachi created.

    "Try as you might, you will never have the element of surprise so long as I have these eyes," said the clone. A single streak of blood ran down its right eye.

    "Die, Kakashi..."