Chapter 16

Living in a Jumble of Wishes

Chapter 16

The first thing I did the next morning was call Landon.

He didn’t pick up. I didn’t expect him to especially since he ignored my texts last night.

I felt so depressed because of what I did. I was such a bitch to him. He was my best friend! How could I do that to him? How could I ignore all the times we hung out at the ice-cream shop? How could I ignore all the times he teased me? How can I ignore the time I hung out with him and his sister? How could I ignore the day he came over and met my parents? How could I ignore all the times he was there for me?

How could I just deny our friendship like that?

And all of this for what? Being a part of the popular group? Being Zack’s girlfriend?

I noticed that I didn’t want any of this. I didn’t want to be a part of the popular group.

All they did was make fun of people and tease them because they thought they were better than everyone. Being friends with them made me a bad person and it even affected my grades.

And Zack’s girlfriend? I don’t know why I even wanted that in the first place. So what if he’s the most popular guy at school? He’s an ass and he doesn’t treat me right then why should I even like him?

I concluded that I didn’t like being popular and I didn’t like being Zack’s girlfriend.

I only liked the idea of being popular and being the hottest guy at school’s girlfriend.

The thought of being popular and being Zack’s girlfriend seemed so perfect at first but it really wasn’t. When a person looks at the popular crowd from the outside he/she will think that they’re fun and awesome but they really weren’t.

I would rather have no friends than have friends like them.

Only the thought of having them talking behind me back at some point like they talk behind everyone’s backs made me angry.

They’re so full of themselves! How did I even manage to put up with them all for all these months?

I made a mistake; a huge mistake.

I shouldn’t have let them come into my life.

I shouldn’t have become a part of their group.

I shouldn’t have made those wishes.

But it’s never too late to do the right thing.

It was time for me to do what’s right. I needed to know who my real friends were.

In my case, it wasn’t that hard.

I knew that the people I wanted in my life were Carla, Kate, and Landon.

I didn’t want any of the ten members of the popular group. I didn’t want Zack as my boyfriend.

I just wanted a few real friends.

With that thought in mind, I finally decided that tomorrow, Monday, would be the day I got rid of that entire popularity thing that has ruined my life.

But getting rid of them wasn’t enough. I needed to apologize to everyone I mocked and made fun of. I also had to apologize to Carla and Kate and of course Landon, that is if he answers my calls!

Suddenly I thought of something.

I can always go over to Landon’s house and talk to him.

I smiled at the thought. It should definitely work! He can’t ignore me when I’m in his house.