We both know what they say about us ...

Start from the beginning

Adam was coming along with his two favorite men. Jenn and Mindy had their backs to him, and I couldn't be more grateful for our standing positions right now. I made a brief eye contact with Kevin and Evans but Adam seemed to not notice my presence. I was boring a hole into him, he was still not looking at me.

"Hello?"

Jenn snapped her fingers in front of me.

"Yes?'

"I asked if you would like to come with us to the mall today? Alex's birthday is coming up and-" 

 Adam stopped by a locker across from us still absolutely unaware of my presence. He was surrounded by a small posse of women just being extra friendly as usual. He smiled and spoke to that girl. That woman again. The last time I saw her she had her tongue down Ashton's mouth. 

Damn, I zoned out again. 

I looked at Jenn who was looking visibly annoyed. She crossed her arms.

"Sorry Jenn I zoned out-"

"Again. What is so interesting behind me." Jenn and Mindy turned around. And thanks to my beautiful luck, Adam looked in our direction at that moment.

 "I see. You were making goo-goo eyes at him."

"I was not! He didn't even notice me." Adam looked at me for a micro-second before looking away. "Until now..." The corner of his lips turned into an amusing smile as he began to approach us. Oh no. Adam was walking in our direction my heart felt like it would explode any second. I prayed to my angels. Please let him just pass by me without saying anything.

I opened my locker sticking my face in it, trying to track Adam's movement from the corner of my eyes. The last thing I wanted was to have a friendly group chat. With Adam and Mindy and Alex!

To my surprise, Adam passed by me. I heaved a sigh of relief as I turned around. That relief was extremely short-lived because the next thing I knew he slammed the locker shut, forcing my back to hit it with a crash. 

He leaned in closer kissing my cheek. "Hi, Holly." He smiled angelically washing away the sins of his previous action. 

And this is how you die of a racing heart. I felt my knees wobbly. Half of it from the adrenaline that had kicked in when he suddenly forced me to into the locker and half of it from the proximity. He was too close. I couldn't dare look to up at his face. 

Probably sensing my female hormones, he backed off-putting space between us and walked away eyeing my friends. It was almost like he was taunting him. Oxygen please, I couldn't breathe. A tiny tinge of pink warmed up my face. How dare he do this. Stupid fellow. Who does he think he is, acting all cocky? I stood gaping at everything like a goldfish. I must have stood there for some time because he had reached the end of the hallway by now. Even if I tried to throw my shoe at him now the distance won't cut it. 

"I did not ask him to do that-"

"You see that?" Mindy turned to Jenn and Alex. "That's what I was talking about. Look at what he just did. He thinks he owns her. That's how he is behaving after just one night. A night where nothing even happened!"

I saw Adam's actions had caused a commotion around me. There were whispers.

"Come on Jenn we are getting late for class," Mindy pulled her hand and they walked away from me.

"Are you coming, Alex?" Jenn asked. He looked at me then at Jenn then again at me.

"Yup, see you later Holly," he ruffled my hair and walked off with them.