C29: Walks in the Woods

Hannah picked up her phone and opened messages. She texted everyone in their big group chat (this included her friends, Will and his friends, and Sophie and her friends) saying,

Hey everyone,

I want you all to come to my Party on the middle Saturday of the holidays (two Saturdays from now). It'll be just a dinner and dancing, kinda like our formal, so pls wear something nice. It'll be at my house from 5pm til about 10pm. Just text back to confirm if you're coming. Check with your family, and if you don't know how to get to my house I can send directions.

Luv ya all,

Han xx

She pressed send and lay back on her bed. She was the only person in the dormitory at that moment, it was the last period of the day, and she had it free because everyone else had extra subjects that she didn't take, so she was supposed to be doing something else productive, like playing sport.

She got a reply back from Will.

Would love to come, thanks for inviting me xx. Hey you obviously don't have class at the moment, and neither do I, did you want to go for a walk or something?

Hannah smiled and replied.

Would love to. Meet you at the tennis courts.

She picked up her green jumper throwing it on over her white dress. She put on her white connies, then threw her hair into a low ponytail, leaving out the side bits. She walked towards the tennis courts and saw Will standing there, waiting. He smiled at her as she approached.

"You look nice." he commented.

"Thanks."

They walked towards the woods just outside the school. It was silent for a minute, then they talked about school and Hannah's party coming up.

"Year 11 next year." Will sighed.

"Yep. So not looking forward to it."

"Hey, I want to show you something." Will took Hannah's hand and lead her through the bush. They reached a grassy hill overlooking a wonderful view of farmland and London in the distance. The afternoon was growing dusky, they had walked for a bit over an hour, it was probably about 5:30.

"It's beautiful," Hannah whispered as she sat down next to Will. They sat in silence for a while admiring the view. They then looked at each other for a minute.

It was a perfect moment, where nothing could come between them- except each other.

And it could have been the perfect moment for them, to be a we.

But there was only silence.

Sorry for the short chapter everyone, but I only have about one or two chapters left. You're probably also annoyed that they're still not together, but just you wait.

Thanks for reading, xx Chloe