C1: News

Her name is Hannah Elizabeth Lawrence, she's just an ordinary 15 year old Australian girl. English mum, Australian dad.

Moving to England was the hardest thing Hannah ever did. Going to boarding school the second. Moved away from her friends that she'd had all her life, and having to make new friends, how was she to survive?

~

Hannah can't believe it. England. She's excited and scared. Her mum has been offered a job, and she took it. But boarding school? Really?

Apparently the school is both a day and boarding school. The school is mixed, it welcomes both boys and girls. Luckily the boarding houses are at opposite ends- one for the girls and the other for the boys.

On the plane, Hannah felt sick in the stomach. Not because of turbulence, but from nerves. Her dad was on a different plane, he had to find a new job in England before he could go there from Australia. Hannah's mum Kylie touches her hand.

"It's going to be alright, Hannah. You'll make friends in no time."

"Thanks mum."

Seated on the other side of Hannah's mum was her little sister, Louise. She looked excited, her mum had tried to calm her down to make her go to sleep, but that was not happening. Louise was staring at little screen in front of her, watching Frozen for the fifth time. That kid is obsessed, Hannah thinks. Louise is only 5, her little honey coloured curls bouncing on her shoulder. Her green eyes stared at Olaf the snowman and she giggled. She looks cute but is a little nightmare, Hannah thinks to herself and rolls her eyes.

Behind her is Hannah's older sister Emily. Em is the picture of perfection- perfect blonde curly hair, and round brown eyes. She loves to shop and sing. She's 17, only one more year of school left, the lucky bugger. She's talking to a random stranger, oh and of course it's a hot guy that is staring at her in utter awe of her beauty. Thinks Hannah. Urgh.

Hannah is rather pretty herself, but she doesn't realise or admit it. She is a classic city beach girl, she was brought up in Melbourne right next to a beach. She is tall and skinny or slim, has amazingly blonde hair and dazzling blue eyes. But Hannah doesn't like to show off her body, she is modest and respectful. Although she still wears a bikini in summer.

Kylie, the girls' mum, is where all the girls get their looks. Kylie has mostly blonde hair, but it goes a darker honey colour down the bottom. And her eyes are amazing. And I mean amazing. They are brown around the middle, nearest the pupil, then a little green, and blue around the outside. Fabulous and very rare. Kylie is reasonably tall, Hannah is almost as tall as her though, and she's only 15.

Jack, their dad, is a tall man, a natural Australian. He's muscly, tall, he has dark hair and blue eyes. He's an awesome dad, a mentor and guide.

Hannah loves her parents, they have guided her all these years, and now what was she doing? Going to England. And she has no idea about anything.