>Finale

Re:Hello

Message from Dante [REPLY]

>I will start by explaining my interpretation of theme.

>You are all aware of the basic premise, of course.

>An Osaka internet group turns into a gang that attracts the supernatural (CASH)

>And then gets into fights with other such groups.

>I believe that, for most people, their awareness of the show stops there--

>Magical gang fights.

>To me, it's more than that.

>Like much of great literature, it is about the power of the individual.

>Like many shows in its genre, it features a principle called the Conservation of Ninjutsu

>This principle states that individual combatants are stronger than a group of combatants.

>Unlike many other shows, there is a strong thematic reason for this--

>The individual is able to out-fight any number of generic combatants, because he has not subsumed his will into that of the group.

>While it is a show about gangs, the ones who disagree with the gangs' policies are portrayed as stronger and frequently more lucid.

>This is reinforced by the continual enticements of the show's Christ figure--

>"Every Life Is Precious", or so she says.

>This demonizes the gangs that seek to stamp out life, even the ostensibly-heroic CASH.

>TL;DR-- Black Alley Stories is about individualism and the value of single lives.

"You're right, Atai," Dante said. There was a strange sound as the gun clattered to the floor. "Monsieur, I'm sorry to have bothered you. I will be leaving, now. I would appreciate it if you didn't call the police, but I understand if you have to."

Ringo sent another message.

"Alright well we had to bug out fast. Nobody dead. Everybody sore in the morning. What happened?"

Dante laughed, hollow and empty. "Atai, tell him."

"It was the wrong guy. Our guess was off. Talked Dante into not killing them. Nobody dead. Everybody sore in the morning. What should we do?"

"Atai," Panpan said. "I don't have any plans. You come up with something."

"Why me?"

"Tell me, Atai, why are you here?" This was Ringo

"...I just want everyone to be able to go home."

"I want vengeance. Dante wants vengeance. We don't have-- You're the best of the bunch, Atai. 

"...And Panpan? She's here for the same reason I am."

"You don't... Atai, when something hard comes up, when I have a problem to fix, I get scared, and I hide. Maybe someday I'll be able to make decisions like this, but... When problems like this come up, you try, Atai. You try really hard, even when people tell you to stop. You really are the best in the bunch.  So you tell us what to do. Just once. If it fails, we're pretty much fucked."

"Frankly, humanity is pretty much fucked if we can't stop Wareware from converting the world into... fucking metaphorical Tang. They were bad enough before your paranormal friends got hoodwinked. I'm telling you this so you make an informed choice." Ringo added.