>Re:Re:The Church of Us

Re:Re:The Church of Us

Message from Glass [REPLY]

>Maybe shut this down?

"What the fuck," MMori said again. Everything went down the same-- he coughed and fell and was unresponsive and Atai screamed at him to get up. The world was slow, the way it was supposed to be in nightmares, and Atai felt that curled-up spiral in the back of her mind, that self-feeding ouroborus of dread and doubt.

"Look, Atai," Mori said when he had recovered. "So, there's something you probably know about me.

"I mentioned that I was good at extracting information, and that it was that that I did for my old gang. You probably thought I was a torturer. I'm not. Atai, this is going to sound stupid, but I'm psychic."

"I'm a robot," Atai said, because there was little else to say. She had already accepted that myth and magic were real.

"I'm a psychic. Can't read your mind. I figured something was up."

"...So what, you can read minds?"

"Yeah. In person and over voice calls to an extent. Sometimes I get impressions off of text, too. Depends on how well I know the person."

"But never me?"

"You don't have a brain, I'm guessing is the issue."

"What does this have to do with your fainting?"

"Trying to read people in the Church of Us... doesn't go well. Sometimes I get that from random people crossing the street but when I hit the Church building it was /every one of them/. I got this... weird sense from the messages from the weirdos in the thread you made, too."

"Weird how?"

"It's like... if I get an impression from something written, it's almost like trying to read a message written on a piece of paper that already had something written on it. With Glass now, it's a whole fucking novel, all compressed onto one page. I think reading the Church people's minds is just the... mental equivalent thereof."

"...Is that the secret information Dante mentioned?"

"Probably."

"This is just the Church of Us?"

"Yeah. I went over to the local 'That Other Cult' center right after my fainting spell the other day and I could read their minds like normal."

"...What does it mean?" 

"No fuckin' clue. But given that psychics and faeries and robots and god-knows-what-else are real things, I'm guessing it's something like that."

Atai couldn't understand. The world for her was projected, something she struggled to make sense of out of words on a screen, and she didn't get it at all.

"...And Glass?"

"Used to be a normal kid, inasfar as I can tell. I get normal impressions off Vlad though so what the fuck do I know. Now he's definitely drunk the fucking kool-aid."

"He-"

"His mind is not his own. It's the same shitty black MIDI mind as everyone else in that fucking cult," Mori said. Atai swore she could hear his teeth grinding. The world seemed to crumble, the more she knew about it, bits and pieces coming undone and casting themselves into the void.

"...Mori," Atai felt small. "What do we do?"

"Call up Tall and Vlad and Nade. They're obviously going to buy my explanation. Dante, too, though I dunno what someone in Paris can do for us here in Chicago. We're going to bust in there and demand some goddamn answers."