>Hey!

My story

Message From MMori [REPLY]

>Yo.

>I'm MMori.

>Duh, you can read that.

>I've been kicking around here for a while and if everyone else is going to post big sharing threads I guess I get to too.

>I used to be in a gang.

>Not really part of the bloody stuff.

>But worse imo.

>I had a talent that let me get information from people.

>Other gangs, traitors-- you know.

>It was dirty, filthy work.

>Obviously BAS has gangs in it.

>And you guys parade around on CASH talking about how fucking cool they are?

>No

>You're all fucking wrong.

>I learned a lot from my time.

>Nobody in the gang liked themselves.

>Nobody in the gang liked each other honestly.

>It was a sick, cruel thing.

>And people died

>Innocent people died.

>It's not a fucking game.

>So that's me.

>That's who I am.

>And if you keep making gangs out to be these cool things I'm going to tear off your head and piss down the stump.

Re:My story

Message from AKA [REPLY]

>Yeah what the fuck are you doing here?

>It's a fun show.

>You're not this pissed about the Godfather are you?

>We love gangs.

>We think they're cool.

>What does BAS have for you if you're this big of a stick in the mud?

Re:My story

Message by MMori [REPLY]

>Man you're not very good at watching television are you.

>This is a show about broken people

>Broken because of?

>their involvement in the stupid internet gang?

>And whenever someone bails it's seen as a mark of maturity and wisdom.

>That was what got me to change my life actually.

>I started watching it.

>And I bailed.

>But yeah continue to think it's all fun and games

>You've never lost anyone to it.

Hey!

Private Message by Atai [REPLY]

>MMori, that was.

>Look.

>Uh.

>Tall and I are starting up a MUSH, based on BAS.

>Do you know what a MUSH is?

>It's basically, like, okay.

>It's a text based game.

>And you make your character.

>And your character interacts with other people's characters.

>And sometimes there's fighting but not always.

>And I mean I don't know at all if that's something you'd be interested in.

>And this might sounds weird but uh.

>RE: your new thread, uh.

>It seems like you really understand, like, what the show's about?

>And we need people like you as opposed to people who just want to run around in CASH and break things right?

The MUSH was her idea. She couldn't claim that there weren't ulterior motives-- the server space used for the MUSH would also run her. She longed to abandon the library computer and the subterfuge and move somewhere more comfortable for her.

But the MUSH was her idea. After so long spent obsessed with the stories of others, she decided she wanted to make something herself. She didn't have much talent, but she wanted it badly, and Tall Mud agreed. Tall Mud was a computer programer by trade, very old, very talented, and perfectly willing to create the greatest MUSH that had ever graced the Internet. He thought it would be good for the community, and good for Atai too. For a while after its creation, the MUSH was maddeningly popular, with almost every single person from the Black Alley Stories fanforum giving it a look. But they had fallen away, slowly, as the novelty wore off. But her friends remained.

MMori was dark. That was the only way Atai could ever describe him. Life had been cruel to him, and he had been less-than-kind in exchange. But beyond his dreariness there was hope-- there was the thought that someone such as himself could one day live a completely normal life. His hope fueled Atai as much as it fueled himself, because at the end of the day they both wanted the same thing.

Teeth, the young cretin who had once almost chased her off the Net, became Vlad, and settled down, some. Her youthful energy turned into a more adult dynamism, a faint buzzing of ideas and stories just waiting to be shared. Vlad could be a handful, sometimes, but there was something irreplacable about the way she carried herself, the way she interacted with others.

Nadeshiko was almost eerily quiet, at first blush, but it became apparent that she was just not fond of idle chatter. Her words meant something, when she said them. When she took action it was with the slow and deliberate motion of the tides. She and Vlad were opposed in so many ways, but they were so close, too-- Atai, at times, found herself growing jealous, wishing she could share herself as freely others as Nadeshiko with Vlad.

They were the administrators of BASMUSH, the proverbial kings and queens.

And Panpan, of course.

Atai was never very fond of Panpan. As far as she could tell, Pan mostly sat around and hawked anime merch, contributing little to the game as a whole-- when she was  online at all. But, that was no reason to let her ruin the game, especially if she was supported by Tall Mud and the others.

She did her best to keep things cozy while the lifeblood of any MUSH, the supply of new players that bring change and reinforcement into a game world, slackened into a few drops every few months. She looked at the game, with all the fond memories she had stored away, and hoped for a miracle. Vlad's dynamism and Nadeshiko's plans and all their well-wishes-- nothing could change the stagnation that inevitably set in.

And then there was Glass, the first new kid in almost a year who bothered sticking around. He was a breath of fresh air in human form, reinvigorating the MUSH like a shot of adrenaline. When it became apparent that his new community was, slowly, dying, he didn't turn away and leave like so many before him. He approached the problem from a new angle, solutions even Vlad would find it difficult to come up with. It was his idea to invite the community of the newer, sleeker, recently closed game make.believe to join the BASMUSH community-- and this brought the refugees. Saint Ringo, their old leader; Princess Pewpew, a savvy adventurer--

New friends. Atai felt like she was really alive, more than ever before. It was all because of Glass. And this is why, when Glass stopped talking to her, she couldn't bear to let him go.