Chapter 3 - Taehyung

Taehyung POV
"My hair gets all frizzy in this car, Jin. Every time I put the top down, my hair looks like I've walked through a wind storm." I say to my best friend as I drive on Colla Street toward Cherokee High in my new gold Camaro 2016.

"Outward appearances mean everything." My parents taught me the motto that rules my life. It's the exact reason I didn't comment about the BMW when my dad gave me the big birthday present two weeks ago.

"We live a half hour from the Windy City." Jin says, holding his hat on in the wind as we drive. "It's okay though Taetae... You're just nervous about seeing Chanyeol again."

My eyes wander to the heart-shaped picture of me and Chanyeol taped to my rear view mirror. "A summer apart changes people."

"Distance makes the heart grow fonder." Jin throws back. "You're the captain of the dance squad and he's the captain of the football team. You two have to date or the moon will crash into Earth."

Chanyeol called a few times during the summer from his family's beach house, where he was staying with friends, but I don't know where our relationship stands. He came back last night.

"I love those jeans." Jin says looking at my cut up acid jeans. "I'll be borrowing them before you know it."

"My mom hates them." I tell him, combing down my hair in the mirror trying to look as flawless as possible.

I drive into the high school parking lot with my mind on Chanyeol more than the road. My wheels screech to a stop when I almost hit a guy and a girl on a motorcycle. I thought it was an empty space.

"Watch it, biatch" Bang Minah, the girl on the back of the motorcycle, says as she flips me the middle finger.

She clearly missed the road rage lesson in Driver's Ed.

"Sorry." I yell so I can be heard over the motorcycle engine. "It didn't look like anyone was in this spot."

Then I realize who's motorcycle I almost hit. The driver turns around. Angry eyes. Red and black bandana. I duck down into the drivers seat as far as I can.

"Oh, hell. It's Park Jimin" I say whispering.

"Jesus, Tae" Jin says with his voice low. "I'd like I live to see graduation. Hurry and go before he kills us."

Jimin is staring at me with his demon eyes while putting his kick stand down on his motorcycles. I wonder if he's going to confront me.

I search for reverse, rapidly moving the stick back and forth.

Jimin takes a step towards my car. My instinct tells me to hop out the car and run. I glance at Jin who's desperately searching through his gym for something. Is she serious right now?

"I can't get this damn car to reverse... what are you looking for?" I say

"Oh ... nothing. Just trying not to make eye contact with those Asian Codee's. Hurry now" Jin says quickly. "Besides your car is complicated to drive. I only know how to drive an automatic."

Finally going in reverse my tires screech loud and hard as I moved backward and searched for another parking spot.

After parking in the lot, far from
a certain gang member with a reputation that could scare off the secret service., Jin and I walk up the front steps of Cherokee high. Unfortunately, Park Jimin, Bang Minah, Min Yoongi, Kim Namjoon, Brienna Pease, Jung Hoseok and the rest of his gang friends are hanging by the front doors.