Chapter 1 - Late

A/N: HEY. I GOT THIS IDEA FROM A BOOK I READ LAST YEAR. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.
__________________________ Taehyung's POV (point of view)
Everyone knows I'm flawless. My life is perfect. My clothes are perfect. Even my family is perfect... kinda. I know it's a complete lie but no one knows. I've worked my ass off to keep the 'flawless' appearance I have. Truth is if someone found out my life wasn't as flawless as I made it out to be my flawless picture perfect life would be ruined.

Standing in front of my bathroom mirror with Nicki Minaj blasting from my speakers I fix my hair for the 3rd time because it was not FLAWLESS. Starting senior year of high school and seeing my boyfriend after a summer apart shouldn't be so nerve-racking, but I've gotten off to a disastrous start. First, my curling iron sent up smoke signals and died. Then the button on my favorite shirt popped off. Now, my hair decides it has a mind of its own. If I had any choice in the matter, I'd stay in my comfy bed and eat strawberries all day.

"Taehyung, come down," I clearly hear my eomma (mom) screaming obnoxiously from the kitchen.

My first instinct is to ignore her, but... that never gets me anything but more loud screams, headaches, and arguments.

"I'll be down there in a sec," I yell, hoping I can get my hair looking flawless and be done with it. Finally getting it right, I toss the conditioner on the counter, double and triple check myself in the mirror, turn off my stereo, and hurry down the hallway.

My eomma is standing at the bottom of our grand staircase, scanning my outfit. I know, I know. I'm eighteen and shouldn't care what my mom thinks. But you haven't lived in the Kim house. My eomma has anxiety. Not the kind easily controlled with little blue pills. And when my mom is stressed, everyone living with her suffers. I think that's why my dad goes to work before she gets up in the morning, so he doesn't have to deal with, well, ....her.

"Hate the pants, love the belt," Eomma says, pointing her index finger at each item. "And that noise you call music was giving me a headache. Thank goodness it's off."

Rolling my eyes I say "Good morning to you, too, Eomma," I say before walking down the stairs with my new flawless boots on. Stepping on each step slowly making sure I don't trip. Finally reaching my Eomma and giving her a peck on the cheek. The smell of my mom's strong perfume stings my nostrils the closer I get. She already looks like a million bucks in her Ralph Lauren Blue Label tennis dress. No one can point a finger and criticize her outfit, that's for sure.

"I bought your favorite muffin for the first day of school," Eomma says, pulling out a bag from behind her back.

"No, thanks," I say, looking around for my sister. "Where's Mark?"

"In the kitchen."

"Is his new home schooled teacher here yet?"

"Her name is Baghda, and no. She's coming in an hour."

"Okay. Did you tell her Mark hates when people bother him while he's trying to do his work? and that his girlfriend Amanda is coming over later?"

"Yes. and yes. I gave him a mouthful earlier. I don't understand why he just won't go to school with you all as regular people. I just can't believe he hates people THAT much."

I walk into the kitchen, not wanting to hear my mom go on and on about her theories of why Mark hyung hates people besides his girlfriend. Mark is sitting at the table in a chair stuffing his mouth obnoxiously while facetiming Amanda.

"Hey Kim Mark Tuan" I say leaning over the table waving at Amanda before grabbing an apple from the table. "It's the first day of school. Wish me luck."

Mark hyung gives me the worst look ever, but then he smiles. I love when he force smiles to make me happy.

"You want to give me a hug?" I say knowing he doesn't. I run up to him and squeeze him until he laughs.

"V (my eommas nickname for me) you can't go to school like that.."

"Like what?"

She shakes her head and sighs in frustration. "Look at your shirt."

Looking down, I see a small sharpie dot on my shirt from when Mark was writing something and I hugged him. Oops. One look at Mark and he instantly feels bad.

"It's no biggie," I tell him, although in the back of my mind it ruins my flawless look.

Frowning, my Eomma wets a paper towel at the sink and dabs at the spot. It makes me feel like a two-year-old.

"Go upstairs and change."

"Eomma, it's a tiny dot," I say, treading carefully so this doesn't turn into a full-blown yelling match. The last thing I want to do is make my brother feel bad for no reason. He already hates people I don't need him hating me.

"Tiny dot?! You don't want people thinking you don't care about your appearance."

"Fine." I wish this was one of my eomma's good days, the days she doesn't bug me about stuff.

"I'll see you and Amanda after school," I say, attempting to keep the morning cheerful. "To finish our checker tournament."

I run back up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. I almost trip over my new shoes. When I get to my bedroom, I check my watch. Oh, no. It's ten after seven. My best friend, Jin, is gonna freak out if I'm late picking him up. Grabbing a light blue scarf out of my closet, I pray it'll work. Maybe nobody will notice the sharpie spot if I tie it just right.
When I come back down the stairs, my Eomma is standing in the kitchen, scanning my appearance again. "Love the scarf."

Phew.

As I pass her, she shoves the muffin into my hand. "Eat it on the way."

I take the muffin. Walking to my car, I absently bite into it. Unfortunately it isn't strawberry, my favorite. It's banana nut, and the bananas are overdone. It reminds me of myself--seemingly perfect on the outside, but the inside is all mush.
___________________________
A/N: wow my first chapter omg.