Battle of Hogwarts

Have you ever felt numb in your mind? Trapped inside of it like a mouse. Have you ever felt so alone that even your soul wasn't with you? This is how sinking inside your own sanity feels like. How I got myself there? I am about to tell you now.
   A month lost in preparation and trainings began. The Weasleys' moved to live at their aunt and the twins continued their business from there. A month full of pretends that I wasn't tired. We were ready everyday to be called at Hogwarts, we knew that the Dark Lord will strike there. We just had to wait for the signal.
    It was the day before the famous Battle at Hogwarts began. A day, which meant leaving my family with a lie, from which I could possibly not return back. I told my parents that Fred was taking me to some place for a vacation. They sent me away with true smiles and happiness, while I left them with fake smile and fear growing inside of me.
   We all gathered at the place where we were told to and we waited for the signal. Waiting was torturing everyone. We all tried to remain calm, only the shaking hands were giving them out, but me... I just stood there and waited, waited for the moment this whole thing will end. I didn't think of the battle, I thought of its end. Of how I will finally be able to live a normal life again. I dreamed of this time to come.
"Harry is there, let's go." Professor Lupin said and we all stood up, ready to go.
Luna had opened the floo net for Hogwarts and we could use floo powder to go there, without anyone noticing us.
"Are you alright, love?" Fred took my hands in his and squeezed them gently.
"Yeah..." I gave a nod and he quickly cupped my face in his hands and pulled me for a kiss.
"I love you." He whispered when we broke apart. He was about to take powder in his hand and teleport to Hogwarts.
"Fred..." Hearing his name stopped him and he turned around.
"Yes?" A huge ball of air got stuck in my throat and it didn't allow me to speak my mind.
"I love you too." He smiled at my words and before I knew it he was gone.
I took a deep breath and used the floo powder as well.
   I found myself in D.A.D.A. teacher's office. One by one we all gathered there and took our way to the Great Hall, where we all once laughed and joked. We opened the big doors when Harry was talking to Snape.
"How dare you stand where he stood?" Harry was shaking from anger. "Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye...a man who trusted you...and killed him. Tell them!"
Without a word Snape pulled out his wand and students gasped, but McGonagall stood in front of Harry to defend him. She attacked first and Snape was not believing his eyes, who was challenging him. He didn't attack he just defended himself from her attacks, until he disappeared thru the window.
   The students stared to scream victoriously and clap from joy, while McGonagall lighted up the room. But the joyful moment didn't last long. Awful fear ran thru all of us, as Harry fell on the ground. And the dead silence was pierced by a sharp scream, followed by another girl in the room. And then he spoke. For the first time in my live I heard the evil voice, a voice that made you wish to be deaf. He told us that he knew many of us will fight, but it was foolish. He wanted us to give him Harry and if we do he will leave Hogwarts untouched. But it was a lie. He gave us one hour.
"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" It was the famous Pansy Parkinson, a girl which once showed power against all of us, because she was a Slytherin.
The next moment we all shielded Harry by standing around him, showing that if they wanted him they had to go thru us.
"Students are out of bed! Students in the corridor!" Echoed the voice of Filch.
"They are supposed to be you blithering idiot!" McGonagall snapped back at him.
"Oh... Sorry Ma'am."
And then it happened she asked him to lock all Slytherins in the dungeons. Justice! Finally was served! We all clapped and screamed in agreement.
"Do what you have to do, I'll secure the castle."
   With that Harry turned back to us and gave us orders where to go and what do to. Fred and George were outside, while I was inside, but I had perfect view towards them. That way I could keep an eye on him and be sure nothing happens with him.
"Miss Daniels!" I heard the familiar voice of McGonagall call out to me.
"Yes, Professor?"
"I need you outside with me for a minute, then return back to your position." I quickly followed behind her and she led me to the main entrance of the castle. Mrs. Weasley was waiting there as well. "I need you to cast all of the defending spells you know on the castle, I believe you are capable of it." She placed her hand on my shoulder and I gave her a nod.
One by one spells were flowing out of my mouth and the school was shielding with protective spells. McGonagall on the other hand summoned the soldiers of Hogwarts. Stone figures with duty to the school.
   An hour passed by so quickly that it felt like a minute. The wall of spells started to get attacked and crashing noises were echoing on top of our heads. But just when I thought we gathered time the protective shield began to break and fall like stars. Fear was screaming in everyone's eyes. What now? A question that bothered our minds. When the shield completely broke down, followed explosion coming from the wooden bridge. And that's when it all began. Trolls charging towards the bridge smashing everything on their way. Death Eaters burning the school walls, spreading panic and fear. It didn't take long for them to break inside the school. I was looking from time to time over to Fred and George and they were handling this good for now. I was hearing spells all around me and my voice was joining the crowd as well. I looked back up and then something was missing... George. The little pause could cause my life back then if I didn't hear a familiar voice calling my name. Turning to it, a red light passed an inch from my cheek to hit the target which was aiming for me.
"Paige!" The person ran to me and held me by the shoulders with his hands. "Are you alright?"
"Will?" I could not believe my eyes. "What are you doing here?"
"I said I will protect you with my life." I was left speechless.
A sharp crashing noise reminded us that this was not the right time for lovely chats, so we pulled away and returned our focus to the enemy. One by one I was handling them, and soon a warm feeling that I will return back home started to bloom inside of me. The passing minutes were getting me tired and my moves were getting slower, we've been fighting for a very long time, and I wasn't sure how long I could take it. The blooming hope inside of me died when I heard a shout coming from the balcony Fred was at. Turning my head I saw him falling down and at this very moment I felt how both of my hearts were in beating as one.
"Bluebell Flames!" I shouted and aimed towards the Death Eater, hoping that it will reach him on time. In seconds I watched how he was burning in blue flames and screaming in pain, while Fred lied on the ground, but alive. I breather out and smiled that I actually saved him. But then shiver passed all the way down my spine, causing me to turn back.
"Bombarda!" Shouted someone and aimed for the ceiling, causing huge amount of falling stones to drop on the ground.
"William!" Without thinking I ran towards him and pushed him away, but then it all became dark.
   So here we are now, in the debts of my mind. Asking questions as "Am I alive?" and "Where am I?". I felt like I was in a ship that has hit the bottom of the ocean long time ago, and that I was the only passenger there. My own ship, in my own mind, slowly leaving to the numb and painful thought. "My baby!"