A Different Slytherin

Ever since the twins left, the school got even darker. No more laughter, no more pranks, no more someone calling me by my surname...no more Fred.
   Today was the last O.W.L.s exam, which meant that N.E.W.T. exam was coming. As usual I was studying at the library, when out of nowhere two hands grabbed firmly my upper arms and pulled me up.
"What on- " I turned my head to see who it was and spotted Crabbe, with a very repulsive smile. "What do you want?" I asked while trying to pull away from him, but it was no use.
  I was asking him what was happening and why was he taking me to Umbridge's office, but he remained quiet. He was holding so tight that it pained me and I was sure it will leave blue marks on my skin.
"Stupefy!" I heard a loud voice call from behind and the next thing I knew was Crabbe laying on the ground in unconscious state.
  Turning around quickly with shocked expression my eyes spotted William, with wand in his hand and just as shocked face as mine.
"Will..." Whispering his name pulled him back to reality.
"Come." He quickly took my hand in his and led me thru the corridor.
"No." I stopped and pulled my hand away, which made him turn around. "I must help the others, Crabbe said-" But before I could say anything more he cut me off.
"I know, that's why I am coming with you. You wouldn't be of any use to them with Crabbe, right?" I took my lip between my teeth and thanked him with my eyes. He took my hand again and we continued  on our way to the office. I couldn't help but smile at the fact that he never actually left my side, even when he had all rights to do so.
  We stopped in front of her office door and kept quiet to hear what they were talking about, but there were no toad sounds, just Malfoy and his gang teasing the others. Will looked at me which made me turn my attention to him as well. He pulled out his wand and waited for me to do so too and when we were both prepared, Will asked if I was ready and the second I gave him a nod he opened the door and we both shouted "Stupefy!" several times until they were all on the ground.
Ginny rushed at me with a hug and thanked me, while the others were still in shock staring at me and Will.
"Don't thank me, it was William's idea." Hearing me say those words, she pulled away and looked towards Will with surprised eyes, before thanking him as well.
  In few minutes Ginny, Luna, Neville rushed out the door.
"Wait! I'm coming with you!" Ginny heard me and turned around to look at me.
"Stay here, Paige. The others need you here." I wanted to protest but she was right, so I just nodded and watched how they ran away.
  I turned around to see Will tying the Slytherins up and pulling them to one of the corners in the room. I told the others to go at the Great Hall and if something happens, to use all of their knowledge. They all nodded and walked out the office. I sat on the desk and watched how the Head Boy of Slytherin was tying his own house, and when he was done he turned around and smiled at me widely.
"Well, I am glad that it is our last year. Who knows what his father would do to us, when he finds out." Will chuckled out and pointed at Draco with his head.
"Yeah..." I stared at the boy, remembering all the things he did to me and my friends. "Will?" Turning my attention back to him our eyes met. "Thank you... for everything you did for me." My words seemed to shock him and he stared at me for a while until his soft smile returned at his face.
"It was my pleasure." He leaned down to me and I stiffened at the thought of him kissing me, but his lips landed on my cheek. I blinked few times from surprise, but in the end I allowed myself to rest my head on his shoulder. I was thinking of all the things he did and how he was never rude to me and then like lightning hits the ground, Fred's words stroke me and I swiftly pulled my head up again. I hated the feeling those two were giving me.
"Paige, are you alright?" I guess I shocked Will with my reaction. I looked at his concerned eyes and realized how ridiculous I must have looked right now.
"Yes... just remembered something I forgot."
"What is it?" I looked away from him, so he wouldn't tell that I was lying.
"A creature I forgot to read about for my N.E.W.T." My words made him laugh out loud in the room and slowly I joined him.
  If only things were as easy as laughing, it would be so much better, than being torn by two.