Nightmare

Music... Music of the last dance... Looking around I was in the Great Hall and the fake snowflakes were falling down, while the students around me swayed in their lovely dance. Around me I could spot only familiar faces, until one in particular came to me.

"May I have one last dance with you?" I looked up from the hand that reached out for me to see Cedric, in his most handsome looks, smiling down at me.

Accepting his hand, he led me to the middle of the dance floor and we swayed, ever so familiar. The music was the same, the moves were the same. But this time I didn't dare to close my eyes, I didn't want to let go, not this time.

"It's alright, Paige. Close them." Cedric spoke, as if he read my mind.

Doing as he said I felt the warmth surrounding me in that moment, slowing down I knew that the end of the dance was near and I wished I was wrong. But it all came to its end when familiar lips pecked my forehead just like before and then sound of flapping wings echoed in the hall. Opening my eyes butterflies of all kind of colours spun around me and slowly erased Cedric's face right in front of me.

"Paige!" I heard a female voice calling from behind me. "Paige, over here!" Turning around I spotted Angelina waving at me to go to her. "Paige, there is no time!" The moment she said it fear took over me, as if something bad was happening. I ran after her, following without even knowing where I was going.

Walking outside wasn't winter, it was a warm late spring day.

"Come on!" Angelina called from the distance and I kept following her.

She led me to the Great Lake and climbed over a rock. Turning around one last time she gave me a smile and jumped in the water. I followed her steps, but stopped at the rock and looked down to see her with few other girls from Griffindor.

"Jump in, the water feels great." One of them called, inviting me with a waving hand.

I waved at them and was about to jump when the water became lava and the rock grew higher and higher to the sky.

"Jump in, Daniels!" I looked down and saw Angelina on her broom flying over to me.

She grabbed my hair and I screamed in pain and fear, begging her to stop and let me go and just when she was about to push me off the rock a hand pulled me back. I held tight to the person who was holding me, moving up my eyes I spotted Slytherin's emblem on the robe of the student...

BAM!

  I jumped in my bed wide awake from the loud thud from the wall. My breath was unsteady and fast, looking out the widow I saw the twins, Ron and Angelina playing quidditch. I guess the quaffle hit the wall.

"They kicked me out because we weren't even..." I heard the grumpy voice of Ginny coming from her bed.

"Sorry..." I don't know why I apologized, I guess I was still figuring out what was real and what was just a dream.

"Did you have a nightmare?" I gave her a puzzled look and she explained that I was shaking my head and mumbling words while sleeping.

"It was just a dream, nothing more." I whispered and got up.

   Washing my face pulled me back completely to reality. I walked downstairs to have my breakfast and help Molly with the preparation for the lunch. Everything was ready and set on the table when all walked in the kitchen, sweaty and smelly from the game. Looking up Angelina's eyes locked with mine.

"Oh, Daniels. I didn't know you were here too." Her voice was bold and clean, unlike my weak and soft.

"Hello..." I simply replied, not knowing what more to add.

They all sat down and started putting food in their plates, while I stayed like a statue at my spot and looked at her with fear in my eyes.

"Paige, dear, are you alright?" I felt Molly placing her hand on my shoulder and giving me a concern look.

"Um... I'll go get Ginny." And without wasting any more time I rushed to her room.

  Opening the door, I revealed a dreamy looking Ginny, with a letter in her hand. I chuckled at her and pulled her up by the hand.

"Lunch is ready, come." She just nodded with a smile and allowed me to lead her downstairs.

Everything was fine and normal, until Angelina decided to speak to me.

"So... Paige, are you keeping in touch with Diggory's family?" I looked at her like a deer, facing a bear.

"Y-yes..." I decided to stare at my food and pray she leaves the subject.

"You know... I always wanted to ask you..." Her words made me look back at her with a questionable look on my face. "I know you probably weren't doing anything wrong, but I spotted you and Diggory at the courtyard the day before the final task." Her sentence stroke me like a lightning that came out of nowhere. I noticed how Fred straightened up and waited for the topic to go on, as flames formed in his eyes. "I noticed how you two were hiding behind one of the colonnades. And I wondered did you help him somehow, in some way, so he could find the cup?" I knew she wasn't interested in it, and that she was aware of the fact I couldn't do anything to help him with the task, she just did it because she knew how jealous Fred could get.

"No..." I bit my lip and left the fork in the plate.

"Then what were you two doing there?" This time the question came from an angry looking Fred.

"Nothing, just talking." I quickly defended myself, but I knew he didn't believe me, even if I was telling the truth.

"You two looked as if you were doing something secret, judging from the fact that you two were only inches apart." Angelina added with a casual voice, making it more worse than it was.

"I felt sick, so he leaned to see if I was alright." I answered which in some way was the truth, but that didn't calm or worry Fred at all.

"You two were very close." Angelina stated and she put more food to her plate.

"As friends." I added in a serious tone, not hiding the fact that she began to annoy me.

"Of course, Paige, why would I ever think of anything else. Even if you danced with him at the Yule Ball or the fact that he kissed you in front of the whole school, we all knew it was in a friendly way." I couldn't help, but wonder why wasn't she in Slytherin, since she was so cunning in her way of trying to get me and Fred in a fight.

"It was a peck on the forehead, Angelina... nothing more." I spat at her, losing my temper.

"Why are you so upset, Daniels, it's not like you wish it could've been more."

I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled back with the chair and got up, excusing myself and walked outside to the meadow behind the house.

   It didn't take long for Fred to come and pull me by the wrist to face him as he came from behind.

"Is it true?" He asked between teeth with unhidden anger in his voice.

"What?" I tried to pull away, but he was holding too tight.

"Did you wish to be something more with him, were you secretly dating him?" I felt how my face heated up from anger as he asked me these questions.

"If you knew me, you would be aware of the fact that I would never do such a thing!" I couldn't control my voice and I shouted the words out.

"How can I know you, when you were secretly meeting him in the courtyard during classes?" He replied in the same way.

"Cedric was my best friend, and he knew how deep my feelings were for you, something you never seemed to notice." I pushed him aside and walked away, showing him I didn't need any more of this and that the subject was bringing back memories that in some way pained me.