Cho's mistake

Few days later the Christmas trip to Hogsmade came and as I was told I waited at the Great Hall for Will to come. I was thinking of what to get for Christmas presents this year when someone came from behind me with loud "Booh!" behind me. I was expecting Fred Weasley so I just played casual.
"You must think of some new way to scare me, Weasley. I guess, your pranking soul is leaving you." But turning around I saw William and immediately I turned crimson.
"I am sorry, I took you for..."
"Weasley." He cut in with a smirk. "Ready for Hogsmade?"
"Yea... but I won't be able to stay for long." Harry asked us to practice one more time before the holiday, so I couldn't stay the whole day at Hogsmade.
"Why?" He asked so seriously that it made me nervous if he will see behind my lie.
"I-I must pack." He raised his eyebrow at me but didn't ask more questions.
Placing his hands in the pockets of his coat he invited me to take his arm, so I placed my hand around his elbow and we took our way to Hogsmade.
   We were chatting about casual things while we shopped for presents.
"Why are you buying so many presents?" He chuckled out when he saw how busy my arms were in the end.
"Owh, you know... friends and family." I smiled brightly, but the sad look on his face made it fade away quickly. "What's wrong?"
"It's nothing."
"You can tell me if you want to share it with someone, I won't judge." I wasn't sure if insisting on knowing was right, but somehow I wanted to know what troubled him.
"My parents... they don't live together anymore, we no longer have the normal holidays as before." And right there the man who stood beside me took the form of the lonely boy he was hiding so well.
"I am sorry to hear that... I wish I could help you in some way, but I doubt I have such power." I wanted to pat his shoulder, but the gifts weren't allowing me to do so.
"Thanks." He chuckled out and his face lines returned back to normal. "Paige?"
"Hmm?"
"Do you still have feelings for one of the Weasley..." But before he could continue I cut him off with a sharp "No." I didn't want the topic for Fred to ruin my time with Will, and since I didn't know the answer I preferred to just deny it.
"I doubt I will even see him after the end of this school year." I added, since he became quiet.
"Why?"
"B-Because we will take our separate ways..." Something in the truth made me sad. And suddenly the cold winder made me shiver, not because I wasn't dressed up warmly, but because I felt how something important was soon going to leave my life.
"Do you think I will never see you again as well?" I couldn't help but smile at his question, it made me feel somehow special for him.
"I hope not." He smiled brightly at he with a bit shade of pink on his cheeks.
"May I ask you something?"
"Sure..." What's the big deal, he has been asking me questions all day long.
"Is it true that you cheated with Cedric Diggory on Weasley?" I felt how everything inside of me burned.
"Who told you that?"
"Does it matter?"
"Yes? I want to know who is constantly telling lies about this!" I didn't care if I was raising my voice, I've had enough with this.
"Alright... is it true that you've been caring a photo of him in your bag?" My eyes widened, only the people from D.A. knew I had it and were very well aware of the fact why I carried it... and then it hit me... Angelina.
"It is true, I gave it to Cho! I would never cheat on anyone and if you choose to believe in what people say without any proof, I suggest we don't see each other again!" I didn't mean it, I wanted to see him again, but I was so furious that I spoke too quickly without thinking.
  Storming inside the castle, I left him behind with a shocked expression on his face. I left the presents in my room and rushed to the Room of Requirement.
"Ah, Paige you made it. Now let's..."
"YOU!" I shouted and pointed at Angelina. "Will you stop telling everyone lies about me? For Heaven's sake, he died, don't you feel guilty for speaking lies about someone who is dead?! You won him, he is with you, why don't you leave me with your lies?!" Everyone stared in shock.
"Wow, Daniels... I have no idea what you are talking about."
"You know very well, Angelina! You told William that I cheated on Fred with Cedric!"
"Are you mad? Why would I even bother with telling that guy what you've done with Diggory?" Silence took over the room until a faint voice came from behind.
"She's telling the truth... I did." Turning around I saw Cho with tears in her eyes and trembling lips.
"Why..." I whispered out, not wanting to believe in her words.
"Because... I wanted you to pay for what you did..."
"I never did anything..." I looked around the room to meet all the curious eyes staring at me. "It is true... I was with Cedric at the courtyard the day before the final task..." I swallowed the ball of guilt forming in my throat and told myself not to show weakness, not this time. "He asked me to, because we were good friends... and the reason why he was so close to me was because he assured me nothing wrong was going to happen, because I told him I was worried something will go wrong." I bit my lip and decided that I've said enough for them to believe me, no matter how confusing my sentences were.
"Cho... I think you should believe her, because I can tell you she is telling the truth." Hermione placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a smile. "Now if we are all ready, let's start our training." Everyone did as she said and all went to their practice buddy.
   In the end of the class Harry wished us all Merry Christmas and everyone started to leave. I noticed Cho standing in front of the mirror, looking at Cedric's picture. Seeing Harry making the move towards her meant only one thing, I had to leave as fast as I could, so they could finally have a moment alone.
   I was walking in the hall when two figures got on both side of me.
"Hello, Daniels." The one and only Fred Weasley started.
"Care to join us."
"On a mission of life and death?" They both said in union.
I placed my index finger on my lips and pretended to think hard. "Hmmm... Let's see... Mmm no."
But before I knew it I was dragged by both of them at some empty room. I was about to shout when Fred placed a finger on my lips and shushed me. His touch sent shivers all over my body.
"Shh, love. Don't you want to make Umbridge pay for what she did to us?" His breath hit my skin, making me blush lightly. And when he was sure I was calm he pulled his finger away.
"What must I do?" I looked at both of them and they grinned like devils.
"Wicked." They said in union and explained to me their plan.