The lamb and the wolf

Few days later I was getting ready for the potions test we were going to have today. Snape got so mad at someone yesterday that he decided to punish all the students with a test. I felt someone watching me from the table next to mine, so I looked up and saw the Durmstrang guy. He gave me a weak smile which I replied. He looked somehow lonely, sitting by himself. I never noticed him talking with others and was always so serious. But today he did something new. He stood up and walked to where I was sitting. Standing in front of me he bowed his head and then looked directly in my eyes.

"Hello..." I said breaking the silence between us.

"Hello." His voice was deep and husky. And for the first time I noticed how dark blue his eyes were.

"May I ask what your name is?" I noticed how nervous he was, even if he was good at hiding it.

"If you sit down." I teased and he quickly sat down, making me giggle. "It's Paige. And you are?" I took my bottom lip between my teeth and smiled.

"Adam." He wasn't very good in conversations, I guess. We stared at each other awkwardly for a while until he gathered the strength to speak. "Do you like reading?" I blinked few times at his question. "I've noticed you stay at the library every day."

"Owh... well yes. This is my sanctuary." I chuckled out and he smiled.

"Tell me a story, Paige." He demanded which at first shocked me, but I tried not to pay attention to the way he said it. Maybe it was hard for him to express himself? "Please." I heard him say and my mood softened.

"There was once a pale man with dark hair and deep blue eyes, who was very lonely." I literally described him and he got the hit that I was trying to get to know him.

"And why was he lonely?" He asked trying to figure out what I thought of him.

"All things must meet this man. So, they shunned him." I suggested on why he probably was so hard to open up and so mysterious.

"Did he chase them all?" I suppose I guessed why he was like that, from his next question.

"He took an axe and split himself in two."

"So he would always have a friend?" His husky voice asked.

"So he would always have a friend." I looked in his eyes deeply, feeling somehow sorry that his story was something like that. But his eyes didn't show sadness, they somehow smiled at me.

His gaze was sharp and so were his face lines, but yet he was handsome. I felt even more like a lamb being haunted by a wolf. I didn't know what to expect from that man, but I was willing to get to know him. Something in him sparked my interest.

The clock in the library rang three times, announcing the time and my eyes widened.

"I gotta go!" I said and gathered my things. "I am sorry, it was lovely meeting you!" I didn't even wait for his reply, I just run out the library to the Great Hall where the test was going to be held.

  I sat at the Ravenclaw's table and waited for Snape's signal for the test to start.

  I was almost done when I looked up and saw Fred making dance moves and then pointing at himself, while looking at Angelina. I felt how my eyes started to tear up, so I looked back at my test and continued to write. But my mind was so messed that I started writing dim witted things, so I just handed my test and walked outside the hall.

  I didn't return at the library, I didn't want to see Adam again, in fact I didn't want to see anyone at all.   Instead I went to my room and laid on my bed. Thinking of what to do and how to get rid of Fred and my feelings. I couldn't use Adam, especially after knowing his story and that someone, probably a girl, hurt him so much that he became like that. I knew that the fastest way to forget the feelings for someone was thru someone else, but I didn't have anyone in mind anymore. I was debating with myself about Adam, until I slowly drifted off to sleep.