He looked about seventeen, with spiky black hair and sea green eyes. He wore an orange shirt that said Camp Half-Blood. He was wearing a necklace with five beads on it.

"What are you doing here?" he demanded. "Why are you in Annabeth's bed?"

"Who's Annabeth?" I asked once I'd recovered from my surprise.

"You're not Annabeth!" he yelled in a panic, without answering my question.

"You're right, I'm not!" I tell him, refraining from adding "Captain Obvious" to the end.

"This is Annabeth's bed," he pointed out. "Who are you?"

"Sadie," I replied. "I don't know my last name."

"What do you mean, you don't know your last name?"

"Exactly what it sounds like!" I snapped. "I can't remember anything!"

The kid stared at me for a long moment. "Why?" he said finally. 

"I dunno! I would tell you if I knew!"

"Annabeth's missing," he repeated, sitting down on one of the beds. He put his head in his hands and rubbed his temples.

"I don't know your name," I realized. "What's your name?"

He glanced at me as if he'd forgotten I was there. "Percy," he answered. "Percy Jackson."

"Nice to meet you, Percy," I said. I felt a little bad, yelling at him for trying to find this girl, Annabeth. His girlfriend, maybe?

"You too," he said halfheartedly. "Come on, I'm taking you to meet the leader of the camp."

"Camp?"

"Camp Half-Blood," he explained. "This is called the Athena cabin."

"Why?"

"Long story. Ever heard of the Greek gods?"

He explained that the gods were alive. The words clicked into place like a missing puzzle piece. I wasn't sure why, but it just made sense. 

"You don't seem surprised," he noticed after he finished.

"I dunno why," I replied. I was getting tired of saying that. "Do people host them?"

Percy stared at me. "What do you mean, host them?"

My face burned. "I don't know."

"Sometimes they have kids with mortals. These kids are called half-bloods, or demigods. That's what this camp is for."

"So you guys are part god?" I repeated in disbelief.

"Yup. My dad is Poseidon, god of the sea."

"Whoa," I said, openmouthed. "Are you able to swim really well?"

"Yeah. And control water, and speak to horses, and breathe underwater," Percy explained.

"Wow." Pretty lame comment, but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say to a story like that.

"The activities director at camp is named Chiron," Percy said. "Just a warning: he's sometimes part horse. Probably not the first time you meet him."

"Okay," I responded. Enough bizarre things had happened today that I couldn't be surprised by even a man-horse hybrid. "Where's this part horse guy?"

"At the Big House." He led me out of the "Athena cabin", as he called it. Many cabins were arranged in a sort of circular shape with a tail on each end: Ω. Apart from being about the same size, the cabins had nothing in common. Percy pointed out the different cabins as we passed. The Athena cabin, cabin six, was gray and silver on the outside and had a flag with an owl on it. Cabin three, the Poseidon cabin, was sea green, the color of Percy's eyes, and had seashells embedded into the walls. Its flag sported a white horse.  Each cabin was unique to each god. Percy told me that Athena was the goddess of wisdom, and the owl was her sacred animal. The horse was Poseidon's sacred animal.